What A Feel For You

Penelope was thinking about Charlie's words, about the life she could have now that she was no longer bound by the queen.  A life she never dreamed of and frankly she didn't even believe she deserved.  If she had swallowed her pride and she had truly said yes to Colin years ago, would they both have been through these hellish lives?  Could a simple word or one choice instead of another change a person so much?
The Colin she knew as a young man was completely different from the Colin of today.  A Colin with flaws, with a difficult character but still a man of honor.  Sure, sometimes he didn't have half measures, but could he say he was the meek and shy Penelope she used to be?  She too had proved stubborn and proud, she too was human.  Were they ready to give themselves another chance?  Most importantly, would Colin come back to her?  Because he had been freed by the queen almost a week ago and she still hadn't seen him.  But she assumed it was him who had to come back to her but maybe she could be the one to take a step towards him...
She yes she would she was really tired of waiting for Colin Bridgerton.  Penelope you love him, she said to herself, there is no but or if, you love him and you can take the first step.  How can you write your own romance novel that's locked away in your desk.  You can do anything and become whatever you want.  Maybe in the meantime we work on becoming Lady Bridgerton.
She dressed to the nines and started out so running that she found herself catapulted into the arms of Colin who was about to knock on her door.
"Ohh sorry Penelope"
"Sorry, I was in a hurry"
Moment of embarrassment.
They both started talking again at the same time....then apologizing again and then starting talking again.  And then they looked at each other....and then they smiled.
It was Penelope who took the initiative.
"I was coming to look for you....to thank you...Emhh do you want to come in?"
"Yes... Yes Penelope" she said smiling Colin.
Penelope started talking in bursts telling him how much she was grateful to him for what she had done with the queen and before that with Lord Freser how stupid she had been not to tell the queen the whole truth.  Colin watched her, she didn't move from the door, she hadn't said a word and Penelope decided it was the time to stop and breathe.
"I love you....god Penelope I love you. I love you because you always talk, because you think you're always right, because you always want the last word. I love you because you sacrificed yourself for me and were willing to give up your happiness. I love you because despite everything I've done to you you still love me. I love you even now that you look at me with that funny face, with wide eyes and open mouth. Now my love, I can kiss you"
Penelope did the only thing that seemed sensible to do at the time, say yes.