𝕱𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕭𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖉

Khalin awoke from a four-hour-nap, breathing heavily as she peeled back the black duvet that covered her bare legs. She gulped, placing a slender hand over her chest. She closed her eyes, forcing herself to calm down from the previous nightmare she'd experienced. Anxiety tugged at the seemingly perfect wall she built in her mind, keeping her emotions in check.

She didn't like the feeling of descending back into that state. That state of madness that kept her from doing normal, daily tasks. Such as making her bed, scheduling her work week, and even making sure the dishes in her sink were taken care of.

She thought she'd finally gotten over it. Really mastered that frustrating emotion. However, it wasn't the case. She'd just managed to suppress it until the nightmares came back and wreaked havoc on her mental state.

Her cold fingers tugged at the duvet once more, the soft and fluffy fabric falling from her body. She swung her legs over the side of her mattress, her feet slapping against the polished marble tiles of her master bedroom. The sunlight that streamed in through her windows felt... too good to be true. Everything that morning had felt all too good to be real. Her hands were abnormally cold, as were her feet. She could sense something was wrong in the pit of her stomach. She knew she needed to get her day going before she allowed her anxiety to fool her into missing such a beautiful day.

The clouds loomed in the bright blue sky in such an intimidating manner. Everything felt wrong for her, but she needed to push through. Her friends were throwing a birthday party for her, and she didn't want to be rude and turn them away.

Khalin made her way into her small bathroom, peering at herself in the mirror. She inhaled a calming breath, the scent of her bowl of bathbombs filled the air. She hastily turned on the water, making sure to use the coldest setting before splashing her face. She shivered at the sudden temperature change, but brushed it off. Now meeting her own gaze in the mirror, she felt a little more at ease. A little more awake. Life felt just a bit more real now that she saw herself again.

She grabbed her maroon toothbrush and flicked it under the water for half a second, then applied the black charcoal toothpaste. She turned the water off, as she didn't want to waste it, then began brushing her teeth. Her cheeks had an undertone of pink to them. Most likely from being pressed against the pillows for such an extended period of time.

A yawn threatened to crawl its way up her throat, causing her to inhale the tiniest bit of toothpaste. She coughed, eyes watering. She swiftly finished brushing her teeth and rinsed her mouth, dabbing her face dry with the red towel that had been folded neatly on the countertop.

Before she could decide what to do next before heading out to get some fresh coffee, she heard a loud meow from beyond her bedroom door. She chuckled at the adorable sound, giving the towel a gentle pat before walking over to the mahogany door. She gripped the cold metal, shivering again. Crouching down, she opened the door and peered down at the beautiful black and white kitten. Everywhere was black except for his stomach, paws, and the bottom half of his mouth.

"Hey, pretty boy. Good morning." She grinned, opening her arms wide. He chirped brightly at her, crawling over to her and jumping into her arms. His claws found her bare shoulder, digging into the skin. She winced, but held him anyway, ignoring the pain for the sake of morning cuddles. "Do you want some food and water? Is that what you came here for?" Another bright chirp.

He pressed his head in the crook of her neck, purring loudly.

"Alright, then. Run along, and I'll be out to give you what you want in a moment. Mommy's got to get dressed." He squeaked pitifully when she placed him back onto the dark-grey wooden flooring. "Just give me a moment, my sweet baby." She chuckled when he attempted to get back into her arms.

She closed the door, keeping him from entering her room. She didn't allow her pets into her room. For good reason. She didn't want her expensive laptop and other breakables to be broken by her pets. She spent a good amount of money on her things and though she had very little, what she did have was expensive and quite frustrating to have to replace.

She held her coat tightly to her slender body, her black hood doing very little to shield her ears and bald head from the frigid air. Cars zoomed past her, only causing gusts of extra cold air to hit her over and over again. Her eyes landed on the Starbucks building in the Shibuya centre. Determined, she headed for it.

Right before she could enter the building, she heard many things all at once. First, it was the sound of a policeman's whistle. Then, she heard the shouting of a few people. Finally, she heard what sounded like fireworks. It was an odd combination of sounds. She looked up into the sky, seeing what seemed to be fireworks fly through air. She furrowed her eyebrows when a strong sense of unease filled her veins. Adrenaline slapped her in the face, causing her to walk faster for a reason she couldn't really explain.

She opened the door to the Starbucks... only... everyone had disappeared.

𝘜𝘱𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘵 12:00 𝘢𝘮 𝘊𝘚𝘛.