𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝕾𝖎𝖝

𝔎𝔥𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔫 & 𝔑𝔦𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔦 {𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 1}

"Do you really think you're gonna get promoted like that?" Khalin huffed, trying to ignore Niragi's immature insults.

"You're only talking smack because my knife got taken away. If I still had it you wouldn't be saying stupid shit." She snapped, aiming the pistol at the target. Truth was, her eyesight wasn't the best of qualities. She had always been taught that glasses would only further harm her eyes, so she never bothered to try a pair.

"Trust me... A knife isn't gonna stop me." Niragi smirked, leaning so close that their noses were touching.

"Yeah, right." She scoffed, firing the pistol. The bullet hit the wall behind the target, causing her to groan in frustration.

"You really think I'd let a knife stop me?" Suddenly, her back was pressed against the ground, Niragi hovering over her with a satisfied smirk. She only smiled at him.

"You wouldn't have to." She met his eyes, refusing to look away. Though he had all the power, she knew that he wouldn't hurt her. She knew the effect she had on him, preventing him from causing her any harm.

"You make things so difficult." He grumbled, beginning to move away and allow her to sit up. She stopped him, caressing his cheek.

"Yeah, well, I'm about to make things even more difficult, so buckle up." She murmured, tugging him down. His lips pressed against hers. She watched his eyes flutter closed. Almost as if he was relieved. She could feel his tense muscles relax at her touch.

After pulling away, she ran the pad of her thumb along his bottom lip, meeting his eyes again. She gave that dazzling smile that could make even the most paranoid at ease, biting her lower lip to stop herself from smiling too much. Confusion flashed over his face. His eyebrows were furrowed in a light frustration. It was as if he was struggling to understand why she would let him so close to her. He was so used to disgusted glances and horrible insults being thrown at him that he'd forgotten what it felt like to be held by someone as tightly as she held him.

"Are you okay?" She asked, concerned for his feelings. She hadn't intended to upset him, rather, she'd intended to put his mind at ease.

"Not really, no." He admitted. "No one has ever really bothered to just hold me like that." His eyes darted to her lips before meeting her gaze again.

Getting embarrassed, he swiftly stood, refusing to look at her. She sighed, stood, dusted herself off, and saw hurt flash across his face. She frowned, draping her arms over his shoulders. Her wrists grazed against his neck. She searched his eyes for an answer. And she found it. He thought she was disgusted.

"Niragi, I'm not sure how people have treated you in the past, but I'm not them, and I need you to know that, okay?"

"You only met me yesterday. What do you know?" He scoffed, trying to wrestle free from her touch.

"Hey, there's no need to get defensive. I was only making an observation." She softened her tone even more, to the point her words were like honey. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"I don't want you knowing about my past. It's too... shameful." He whispered. She raked her fingers through his hair, stopping at the nape of his neck and tugging gently at the roots. He seemed to melt further into her grasp. A moment she enjoyed.

"There's no need telling me, then. I didn't ask to know everything. Your past does not define you, Niragi."

Suddenly, a loud gunshot sounded throughout the area, causing Niragi to immediately go tense. He grabbed his gun, slinging it over his shoulder. "Whatever that was, the both of us need to go back to Hatter's office. That can't have been too good." He said. He grabbed her hand before she could protest and tugged her along behind him, all the while keeping his gun ready to fire.

She followed willingly, keeping herself on high alert for any other sounds of gunfire. They'd been too out in the open on the roof, but being inside gave her a sense of safety. Whoever it was that fired the gun would need to be caught and brought to Hatter when the time arose.

"If you and I are in Hatter's office, who's gonna catch the shooter?" She asked as they reached the elevator doors.

"I'm sure someone else will. My priority is keeping you safe. Chishiya would have my head if he knew I left you unattended."

"Niragi... You're the only one I trust to catch them." She urged.

"It doesn't matter who you trust and don't trust. I'm going to stick with you." He replied, pressing the '4' button.

"Then take me with you." She held his gaze, her concern shining through the mask of calm she'd worked so hard to put on.

"Your shooting skills prove to me that you cannot handle yourself." She scoffed, pressing him into the wall of the elevator.

"Alright, since asking clearly isn't getting us anywhere..." she trailed, her hand wrapped around his throat. "You're going to take me with you, and together, we're going to search for the shooter. Got that? You will not be treating me like I'm some delicate flower." She raised a brow, searching his eyes. He cleared his throat, cheeks turning a light pink from her intense stare.

"But-" She cut him off, tightening her grip around his throat.

"End. Of. Discussion." She spoke slowly, watching him nod before letting go and dusting herself off as if nothing happened.

She kept her eyes trained on the elevator doors, flicking her black silk hood over her head. The doors opened upon the sound of a 'ding', leaving them standing on the 4th floor.

"We'll check this floor first. I need to make sure Hatter is up here with the rest of those who lead. We need to make their safety our priority." She told Niragi, fishing in her black combat boot. Upon feeling the cold metal handle, she yanked it out, revealing a small blade. "I may not be good with guns... That's your speciality. Mine happens to be knives, swords, and my lower body strength."

"A gun is so much more convenient..." Niragi complained.

"For you, perhaps. But I find my way much more... satisfying." She smirked at him, giving his shoulder a gentle pat before making her way down the main hall. "I'll go left. You take the right hall." She commanded.

"Who made you boss?" He scoffed.

"I did. Now get moving, love." She sent him a wink before dashing off.

END OF CHAPTER

I hope this satisfies. I'm trying to set up a really good chapter, so bare with me. I deeply appreciate the patience you've given me. I will do my best to update more frequently. I had a moment where I couldn't think of anything to write, and I still can't, but what matters is that I fight through it and bring you a quality story.

Until next time!!

Thank you for reading, much love, and always treat people with kindness. Including yourself.

x niragisjam ✨️💛