𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

𝕬 𝕲𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙

"Let's go somewhere quiet, yeah? You kinda look like a dejected puppy right now." Khalin mentioned, lacing her fingers with his own. She pressed the "4" button on the elevator and stare straight ahead, waiting for the doors to open.

"I just want to be alone."

"Do you really? Because alone time seems like the opposite of what you need." She responded, stepping into the elevator alongside him.

"I need to be alone so that I can be myself."

"You can let loose around me, too, Niragi. I hope you know that." She paused, searching his face. When his frown didn't leave and only deepened, she smiled. "I know that you and I are practically strangers. We only met a few hours ago. But I can promise you that I won't judge you for being you. You're always free from all of that shallow crap with me. I know you don't trust that. I never trusted that with my friends. But I do know what is going on inside my head."

“Don't say I didn't warn you.” He sighed, stepping into the elevator and pressing the ‘4’ button.

♠️

“You can't be serious... You actually had the nerve to bring her here?” Chishiya questioned, sitting patiently on the second bed next to the window.

“Hey, listen... I told her not to follow me. That I wanted to be alone.” Niragi defended himself, barely able to look in Khalin's eyes.

“When you said ‘alone’ I didn't think you actually meant ‘alone with a significant other’.” She scoffed, crossing her arms.

“Oh, look. Now she's disgusted. I knew I should've been more secretive with Kuina...” Chishiya trailed, hopping down from the bed. “Listen, Khalin. You don't need to be here. I understand this isn't your kind of thing. Besides... Niragi is psychotic, and I doubt you like that sort of thing.” She stood there, absolutely dumbfounded by the words falling from his lips. Did he just insult Niragi?

“First of all, I'm not disgusted. Surprised, maybe, but never disgusted. Second of all, yes, he's psychotic. Probably dangerously so. However, he is still human, is he not? You really shouldn't dehumanise him like that.” She placed her hands on her hips, raising a brow toward Chishiya, who looked over to a chuckling Niragi. “Unless he's into that, of course. And who the fuck says I don't like a little insanity?” She exclaimed at the end, tilting her head at the blonde.

“You guys, don't gang up on her like that. I thought the two of you had the hots for her.” She spun around upon hearing Kuina's soft voice. A stark contrast to the loud voices she'd been fighting with prior.

“Like she would ever agree to it anyway. We were barely able to get you on board, Kuina.” Niragi spoke, his voice much softer now.

“Different strokes for different folks. Why don't you give her a chance. Perhaps she's an open-minded angel. You never know unless you try.” Was Kuina's response, her hands clutching a water bottle as she drank from it.

“Khalin, what are your thoughts on relationships with more than one partner?” Chishiya asked, causing Niragi to focus his gaze on the window. Nothing but the darkness of the night could be seen through it, its murky darkness stretching into the dimly lit room.

“I think it's sweet that people can love so many people romantically. It gives me hope that perhaps humans can be more open-minded in the future regarding their heart. Being able to allow your heart the freedom to love anyone and everyone is something that should be cherished.” She answered, fumbling with a thread from her shirt that just refused to come off. Furrowing her eyebrows, she focused on it more, forgetting the presence of everyone else as she battled with the stupid thing.

“And... sexual relationships? You don't see that as cheating?” Niragi's voice rings throughout the room.

“Nah. Cheating is when you don't tell the other person. I'm assuming you three have an agreement with each other? That all of you can simultaneously date each other, and all that other junk?”

“Yes... Agreements are involved.” Kuina confirmed.

“Then why would that be considered cheating? I would find it repulsive if your partner or partners didn't agree to you being with another intimately, but since you all have an agreement, who am I to tell you your business? I support the relationship, 100 percent.”

“I told you big wimps that she would be fine.”

“However, she still has no idea what we're getting at.” Niragi interrupted Kuina's victory, earning a frustrated groan.

“Then get on with it!” She exclaimed.

“You guys, let's all calm down. Just take your time. Breathe, and relax.” Khalin spoke softly, waving her hands in a soft, genlte, graceful motion. “Everyone sit down for a moment, please.”

Though her voice was soft and her words quiet, they followed her words like a command, finding themselves at peace around her. She gave off comfort and serenity that not many were able to possess in their lifetime.

“Now talk amongst yourselves and decide on who will do the speaking. No need to bicker or be loud and obnoxious. I can hear you just fine. I'll wait right here until you're ready.” She pulled a chair over to them, sitting in front of them. Her chest pressed firmly against the back of the chair, her chin resting on her wrists as she watched them with a fond, soft, and warm gaze.

The trio spoke with one another, trying desparately to come to a quick decision. Whenever things got heated, she would swiftly remind them before listening intently on what they were trying to conclude.

“Chishiya will do the speaking. He's the better at articulating important thoughts.” Kuina announced, patting Niragi lovingly on the shoulder.

“So. Do you want honest details, or just a summary?” Chishiya asked. She chuckled, lifting her chin from her wrists in interest and curiosity.

“Lemme hear the honesty.” She replied, finding Niragi's pink cheeks mighty amusing.

“Niragi thinks your hot and just wants a sexual relationship. Kuina only likes you romantically. And I... Well I don't quite know yet. I'm still deciding on that one.” He answered without hesitation.

“Interesting...” she trailed, watching their faces for any reactions. Any emotions that would tell her they were fooling around and just wanted to prank her. She had been fooled one too many times. Bullying had changed her outlook on her interactions with other human beings.

“Would you be willing to come to an agreement? Unless, of course, you don't feel the same way.” Niragi spoke, his voice a stark contrast to the ever-growing silence between the four.

“Something like that will require me to give it a think. I don't want to get myself into something that I can't handle.” She chuckled, causing the trio to sigh. “It isn't a definite no, guys. C'mon...”

“Just... let us know when you come to a conclusion, please.” Kuina said.

“Of course.”

🂡
Sorry for the late chapter. Today was a busy day, so I wasn't able to type this chapter out until I got home. I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long.

Thank you for reading, much love, and always treat people with kindness. Including yourself.

x niragisjam ✨💛

𝘕𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘶𝘱𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦: 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘍𝘦𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘺 3𝘳𝘥, 2023