The Day He Missed

Welp. This is based off a roleplay I'm in with a friend, I wrote this for them. So there will be a lot of references, so if it's a little confusing, that's why. You don't need to know all that to enjoy this though!
Ice skating au
Touya x Tenko

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Today was special, well, more like next week was special. Touya had been practicing for months of his routine, to be perfect, to be able to land each move, to be able to move with grace and show off all he could do. He had been practicing for this routine for months, but he had been ice skating for a few years at that point, all thanks to Tenko who had helped him get the confidence to start lessons— after a few tragic events that led them to where they were now. It worked out however, living in a nice penthouse Tenko had gotten the money for, as his grandmother had given him plenty of money in her will. Tenko had a job, unlike Touya who mainly stayed home, having gained rather bad mental trauma over the past five years, triggered by many types of human interactions, it was hard for him to leave the house most times.

Ice skating was an escape from his mental battles, ice skating, performing, dancing. Tenko had shown such interest in his hobby years ago, fondly looking at Touya as he explained that he used to dance in his living room, his mother watching, the two watching ice skating on the television while his father was away at work. She always wanted to sign him up for classes. But because of Enji, it never happened, and Touya was lost soon after, lost to the ashes and taken away from home.

Tonight was the night Touya was going to give Tenko the ticket he had gotten him, as it was free because he was performing at the event. He had been cooking all evening, having learned those passing years, as he had so much time at home to himself with Tenko working, a doctor, something he had shown much practice in even when they had first met when in their early 20s. He had been able to get a good job, a good pay, enough for both him and Touya, along with their cat(That Touya loves more than Tenko would ever), and their corgi that Tenko had adopted as a companion when they were split apart. Even with the trial and error, their pets eventually started to get along, even becoming great friends. Touya was glad that his cat, Sardine, was getting along with Tenko's dog Toki. Sometimes he even finds his hairless cat on top of the dog, huddled in his fur as the two slept. He just had to convince Tenko it actually happened, as Sardine never showed that peaceful nature when he was around.

Touya had set the table, even lighting a candle, wanting to give a romantic feel. Touya was never good at romance, but he always tried for Tenko, as he had to show some gratitude, since Tenko was working to the bone each day just to make him happy. Least he could do was cook him a good dinner and show some effort. He blew out the match and tossed it away, setting the table, a bit of wine being poured in their glasses. Tenko always had complications with food, but they had worked on it when they met and soon when reunited after that five year split. Those five years were hard on them, but with rings on their fingers, with a beautiful house, and hope for the future, they were working everything out.

Touya had made a meal of lasagna, along with a bowl of salad to go along with it. It was a meal that could be complicated to make, but Touya made it perfect each time. His first two attempts had rendered the dish undercooked, but now he knew just how to get it. He heard a meow at his feet and looked down to see the sphynx cat at his feet, him leaning down to pet her before moving to feed both her and Toki, the dog soon scattering up to his bowl to start munching, as the cat ate up on the counter from her dish.

Soon Touya heard the door open from a distance, followed by a toss of keys in the bowl they have next to the door. "Touya? I'm home." The scratchy voice had called in. Touya perked up, taking off the apron he was wearing and hanging it up. It was a dumb gift Himiko had given him after she realized he liked to cook, her occasional stopping to visit them. It said 'Kiss the cook' on it, a wavy font spelling the words out. "In the kitchen, Ten!" He called. He soon found Tenko walking through the hallway into their living space, the kitchen and dining area both connected, only separated by a countertop in between.