Merrill x Reader (chance meeting) part 1

Hi gays. I'm sorry I've not posted in ages!! Happy new year and I hope you enjoy this three part one shot of Merrill :D

This story contains smut and talks of SH and suicide.

Based on the character Merrill from the movie Swimmers.

ପଓ¸¸.•*¨*•.¸¸.•*¨       ¨*•.¸¸.•*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ

Your day seemed just as average as all of them as you were biking home from the shop. You lived in quite a secluded area and hardly ever saw anything or anyone on your journey until today, when someone actually passed you on their bike! You didn't recognise her face and didn't want to seem weird by following but ever since the close encounter, you were determined to find her again. There was just something about her that your brain was clinging onto and you knew it wouldn't stop until you saw her again.

You set a goal to bike to the shop and back at the same time each day, on the off chance she may bike past one more. You've become more spatially aware on your journey now and been checking around while you bike. Although you've actually managed to see a few people on your rides now and then, there's been no sign of her for weeks. As you start to give up hope you decide there's only one last thing you could do. You decide to bike down the way you saw her heading and see if you'll have a better chance there. You try a couple times. Each biking further down incase you're not going far enough. Yet you still feel like you're getting nowhere. That is until...

You're biking home one day after your nana asked you to get her a newspaper and hear distant crying and screaming. It takes you a while to notice where but eventually you realise it's coming from down the road you'd recently been taking. You hesitate at first but know if it is her who's down there, you couldn't live with yourself if you kept biking and heard of a nasty accident where you'd never be able to see her again. As you got further down, the screams started to get even louder and were paired with what sounded like crying. You take another turn you were yet to have taken and soon arrive at a lone house with a swimming pool in-front of it.

You shout hello a few times as you approach it incase they're hidden somewhere else but get no reply. You eventually get to the pool. Climbing off your bike and walking towards the edge slowly,  looking down below. You see a figure crouched in a ball at the far side and immediately notice her. It was the girl. Now you could see her more clearly she looked a similar age to you. You didn't have many friends around and you'd already dreamt about so many conversations with her... so you take a chance. Making your way down the pool steps towards her.

 Making your way down the pool steps towards her

Y/n - "Hey... Are you not gonna answer me or-"

Merrill - "What do you want?"

Y/n - "Uhh nothing I just-"

Merrill - "You just what? Came to laugh at me! Think I'm a freak too! Well better grab a number and join in line with the others!"