Chapter 17: King of Wanderers (7)

[Item: Failed Product ??? has acknowledged you as the current owner.]

[You have been teleported into the Fourth Wall]

[Rating: A --> F]

I was stunned at the rapid change of events, having no clue what destination 'Fourth Wall' was. Honestly, the next few moments were a strange ride.

I had the sense of decomposing into a series of letters and words - if that was something possible - and heard a few blurry pieces of conversation.

In the end, the outer god had no choice but to retreat under the firewall called the 'The Fourth Wall' and the Star Stream had voluntarily retreated after that.

The Fourth Wall sounds like the wall that separates the reader and the novel...I thought to myself.

[w ho are y o u ?]

Hm? Are you talking to me? The wall was actually having a conversation with me. What an experience.

In my confusion, I decided I should just give up trying to understand.

[w hy d o you k now t h a t st ory ?]

Story?

[Three Ways to Survive in a Ruined World.] The words did not come out strangely.

What do you mean why? I just read it? A lot of others read it too.

[If y o u do n't w a n t to te ll me t han I w ill e at you.]

With that, I felt a different intention. It felt like the wall had developed a large mouth with a maw of canines that approached me.

Wait, hold on-! The understanding that my whole existence was in jeopardy awoke my survival instincts.

I tried running away, but that was impossible being only a series of sentences smeared on a wall.

And then suddenly I was gone.

The next time I even breathed, I stood in the place where I destroyed the pedestal and the scenario, suddenly feeling like everything became smaller.

[The Star Stream sees you.]

"Huh?"

I imagine my face looked like a fool, and I let myself be one.

After all, I had no clue what the hell happened.

I had prepared to have been erased from existence, but suddenly I was just standing here?

The message the Star Stream coalesced into something understandable still was something I couldn't understand with my mind wanting to shut down.

[Y-you really gave me a scare there.] Youngkik's paw was on their chest in agitation.

"And I don't know what happened." I blankly blinked a few times before soaking in the situation.

Forget it, I wouldn't think about it now.

"Well, there is still one last thing I want to do." I smiled at Youngkik.

[?]

Picking up the dagger I had dropped on the floor, I dusted off the debris off the blade, and with the unsheathed version in my hand, I began to walk back to the main entrance, making my way through the rubble to the final debacle about to be unfolded.

As soon as I made it out, seeing the light streaming in from the sky into the untouched area of the station, dozens of pairs of eyes swept in my direction, either from the captives or from the squad members.