Chapter 30: Jung Youngho (3)

Much in the manner of how Mrs. Wang departed for a short trip to Bonghwasan station, I decided to do the same.

A trip by myself.

Of course, my companions had protested against the idea of throwing all the work of running the stations on their shoulders, although some of the residents of the station decided to flow towards Lee Sookyung's base, whom they called 'King of Wanderers', which reduced the burden.

I recalled Christina's words on the road and chuckled to myself.

"You're going to go sightseeing and leave poor me behind, swamped with work?! How can you call yourself my friend if you do that?"

A friend. Is that what she sees me as?

That made me feel warm.

"Spy, I recommend you stay behind as a voice of authority as their 'King'."

The next I recalled was Su Peng who was seriously telling me the possible consequences of my actions.

"If you really insist on going, at least set a few commands, like..."

Su Peng had rambled on, and although I understood the importance of his words, he kept going on, and it made me faze out a few times in-between too.

So I had thrown a, "You're a king too, and you can definitely manage everyone better than I can," and then escaped. Even if I felt a little bad, I felt an urgency to get a move on.

After that, I had said a brief goodbye to Jie Kushin and Cho Youngran, and that brought me to my current situation.

[A new sub scenario has arrived!]

Instantly, I felt the surroundings distort and become obscured by fog.

[Sub Scenario - Phantom Prison]

Category: Sub

Difficulty: D~F

Clear conditions: Escape from the Phantom Prison within the time limit.

Time Limit: 1 Hour

Compensation: 300 coins

Failure: ???

+

This really makes me want to hurl. I thought, the swaying surroundings inducing nausea.

"I hate you. You disgust me."

A voice that came out of nowhere slammed down on my being like a hammer.

However, I recovered quickly. I didn't really have a trauma, brought up with a relatively smooth life, just as Mrs. Wang said.

"You are on the borderline of surgery as an option."

Not this again.

[Skill, Mental Fortitude lv. 1 is activated!]

My mood stabilized.

I thought I heard my mother cry, on that day that I discovered something I would never want to discover.

A betrayal of trust, and knowing our family could not go back to being the same.

Still, it wasn't a deep trauma.

It wasn't like someone close to me passed away, or I became blind, lost my sense of hearing or was on a deathbed due to illness. Nor was anyone else ill.

[Skill, Dispel Evil lv. 1, has been activated.]

So, this scenario was easy for me, even if it would take a while.