Chapter 53: War of Kings, Absolute Throne (4)

"Min Jiwon, Cha Sangkyung, please help me." I said this to the only other two.

"I'll rather not fight with that demonic enemy...you should do the same," Cha Sangkyung was starting to sweat from his forehead after being intimidated by the advancing protagonist.

Min Jiwon had already seen Yoo Junghyuk bring down the ceiling before this, and along with Cha Sangkyung's warning, looked at Yoo Junghyuk with an even more wary light.

"Hero, do you really intend to go against him?" Min Jiwon searched my face for a response.

"Yes." I nodded with a determination I didn't think I had.

"...Then I shall back you up."

"Thank you."

[The Neutral King has abstained from fighting for the throne.]

[Hn? How boring.] The intermediate dokkaebi waved their arm, and the neutral king had left the dome without being able to say anything.

[Listen up, I'll make another slot open up for the next king who can meet the qualifications, but the position might be gone before long, so you better hurry up, or who knows what might happen, hahat!]

I ran over to Yoo Junghyuk to try and get the pre-emptive strike while the intermediate dokkaebi rambled on.

"Ah, we are really doing this?" Cha Sangkyung cried out, but followed Min Jiwon as we pressed an attack from all sides.

Spend 3 000 coins on strength.

[You don't have enough coin balance.]

What?

I quickly looked at the coins in my possession, right before Yoo Joonghuk slammed me straight into the ground.

[Coins possessed: 0]

The throbbing pain could not surpass my shock at the moment.

Where had all my coins gone?!

In my place, Cha Sangkyung had already swept out, his leg aimed at Yoo Junghyuk's head.

"Die!" Cha Sangkyung spat out, but Yoo Junghyuk's battle experience far surpassed the lack of an actor's.

"Kuk!" Cha Sangkyung was sent back by Yoo Junghyuk's kick that connected with his abdomen, tumbling across the ground.

Quick and efficient.

"Ack!" Min Jiwon was similarly sent out of commission.

Without the use of skills, we were all pretty useless when it came to combat.

I didn't have the time to contemplate my next set of actions as I quickly rolled out of the way of Yoo Junghyuk's strikes.

They were becoming stronger and quicker than before.

He must have invested coins into his stats, the only thing that could be used in this scenario. Afterall, we were required to fight using our 'bodies'.

[The constellation, 'Lady of the Brocade Sleep' questions the fairness of the scenario.]

[Haha, what is your question? It is a natural right to be able to use coins. The 'coins' are the hard-earned work of the incarnations. They worked so hard to gather coins that they should have a chance to use it.] The Intermediate Dokkaebi answered the constellation's doubt.

[Oh, the stats increased with the coins will be reset after the scenario is over. So be careful! It is like throwing away coins into the air! Hahahat!]

The intermediate dokkaebi was laughing uproariously with glee.