Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

//Niall’s P.O.V.

  Since I can’t skip two days of school in a row, I force myself out of bed at half-seven, cursing my good conscience.

  I groan as I jump in the shower. Then I make myself some fry-up for breakfast, piling on the bacon and French toasts. My Ma seems relieved to see me eating, at least. I pour some of the tea into a travel mug and run back to my room to get changed. I pull on a grey t-shirt and beige chinos.  It takes me two or three minutes to locate two Supras that are the same colour.

  Five minutes later, I emerge from my room and run out the door, car keys In hand. It’s about a ten-minute drive to school. So I turn on the radio and sing along to The Script.  They are my favourite band, not just because they are Irish—oh okay, half of it because they’re Irish—but also because their songs have a story to them. They are beautiful in the best possible way, in my opinion.

  Before long—sadly, I arrive at the school car park. I climb out of my car and head towards the school building.

  Immediately, I’m greeted by my new mates. Harry hugs me tightly, followed by the others.

  “You feeling alright then?” Liam asks.

  “Yeah, feel much better now,” I say. 

  In truth, I still feel heat rise up in my lower stomach whenever I look at Harry.  How the fuck am I supposed to act normal when that dream is going to haunt me forever?

  The bell rings and I’m glad to have an excuse to leave Harry.

    ^--------^

=(  o  ㅅ o  )=

((Christmas))

  We have come back to Ireland to celebrate Christmas as most of our relatives still live here. Just last night, there has been a giant heap of snowfall so at the moment, Josh and my younger cousins are out in the Mullingar Town Park playing in the snow. My youngest niece, Chloe,  is rolling around in the snow and doing an excellent job of covering her snow suit in snow and ice.

  “Unca Nia! Come play with me in the snow!” she yells happily.  Her cheeks are flushed red from the cold and she is wearing the most adorable smile on her lips.

  “Sorry, no can do. I’m not wearing snow proof clothes like you, little missy.”

  Suddenly, I feel myself being shoved forwards, effectively doing a face plant in the pile of snow. My face is buried in the snow and there’s a dead weight perched on my lower back.

  “Josh! Get off me!” I yell.  Instead, since my voice is muffled by the snow, it sounds more like, “Nosh! Gerroey!”

  “Never! He shouts evilly. He grinds down onto me, making me burrow deeper into the snow.

  I practically scream and I’m swallowed up by the numbing cold. All the snow starts to seep into my clothes.  It doesn’t take long for my boxers to get drenched in icy coldness.

  “Josh! I swear I’m gonna kill you someday!” I shout.

  This is so normal for us.  We may be boyfriends but most of the time, we still act like a couple of kids who are best mates. Chloe is laughing her cute little laugh next to Josh and I, which makes me feel a wee better.  Glad to be amusing to her.

  About five more minutes of my clothes getting thoroughly soaked and frozen, Josh lets me up.  In a second, I spear tackle him to the white ground. He shrieks—yes, actually shriek—as the front of his pants make solid contact with the snow.  The kids around us jump around and squeal delightedly as they start tackling each other to the ground.  Luckily for them, they are all equipped with snowsuits.