Chapter 49 - Sinner brothers reunion

~ Later that night ~

SIN'S POV

More than twenty people under the same roof. All my brothers, kids, and nephews were present at the dinner table, as well as my parents and two sisters-in-law, Xana still didn't speak nor left her house, so she wasn't present.

My mother made enough food for an army, and the banter at the dining room table was very different from the tense dinners we used to have before Sage sent Leane back home. My father was talkative, and, for once, we weren't talking about business. He even goofed around with the kids! It was a good change to see, but we had some pressing matters to attend to since Francesco had been the one to summon us all home for a reunion.

After dessert was served and everyone was done eating, a subtle glance went through mine and all my brothers' eyes, indicating that it was time to get down to business. As if practiced, my father, brothers, and I all got up at the same time, our chairs dragging back in unison. What we didn't expect was for Sage, Diesel, Vin, Shauwn, Zeke, Jully, Stella, and mom all to get up together with us.

"Where do you think you're all going?" Father asked them, and before anyone else could answer, Sage scoffed loudly and answered the old man.

"You must think we're stupid. You guys aren't as discreet as you think you are, we all know something is up with Francesco, and by your performance, there's business to handle, and you're going to discuss it now. Am I right, or I am right?" She sassed my father, and a grin found its way onto my face but just thinking that her sassiness cost me my kitchen and the whole electrical network of my house today made my grin turn grim.

I'm going to have to move into my parent's house temporarily, again, and it makes me feel like a damn teenager all over again! I mean, I left the house as soon as I hit twenty, and now I've moved in twice in the last year. I love my daughter to pieces but I still can't decide if this girl is a jinx or a trump on my side.

"Tonight, you aren't allowed in this meeting. You seven are going to spend the night bonding with each other, and tomorrow you'll be filled in on the business if we deem it fit. Now follow your grandma you brats, and leave my belt alone." A cold gaze fell upon Sage, the twins, Shauwn, and mom's faces. Mom and Sage looked especially murderous, but the sinister grin my daughter sent our way was enough to make the hairs in my body stand to attention.

"Alright, be it your way. But I promise you that by tonight I'll know as much as you." She declared and walked toward my mom.

"Let's go, abuela, you're on kids duty while my aunts are going in." She spoke normally as if we hadn't just told them they couldn't come. I was going to correct her, but a look at my brothers and I knew she was right.

Sometimes it was scary how accurate she was. I don't know if she takes it from Dalila or me.

"Alright boys, let's go," Dad demanded and we all left the table, the children departing after my mother and the adults after my father.

"We are going to the old office," Dad spoke and guided us through the stairs towards that dreaded room. I swear that I heard people groan from behind me. If I wasn't the oldest I would have done the same.

This house where my father resides is one of the oldest around here, and it has been in the family for generations! That dreaded office is the place where Sinners have been punished and scolded throughout the decades or even at least the last two centuries, so everyone that is not the head of the Sinners dreads walking inside that room because normally we're in for hell. And I'm no different. I might reign the gang now but my father is still the ultimate king. Everything I do gets through him and every deal I make is overseen by him. The ultimate power will only descend to me when he dies, but I'm good with him alive. He has been handling most of our legal companies and business and that would be exhausting to handle all simultaneously.