Chapter Nine

Nova's POV

"I love you"

Love, it's quite a remarkable thing. It doesn't matter how long you have known someone but once you feel it, you know it's love. Love can be destructive. It can break you down little by little and have you collapse in the end all together but love can be so god damn beautiful you would want nothing more than that.

By the time we walked back to my apartment, the sun was setting. There was a huge unsettled tension between us and I wasn't exactly sure what was going to happen once we got back to my place. Would it end in rage and screaming or relief and hugging? Who knows, only destiny.

I felt Jersey's gaze on me, it made me shudder. Those three words were the cause of our seized silence and I wasn't really sure how to reply. Was I ready to entrust myself to someone else already? Two years ago I thought I'd never be able to say those three words to someone else but within these two weeks, Jersey's corrupted my mind.

Getting the key in the lock was such a hassle for me, I was shaking too much. Jersey took my hand and held it for a moment, causing me to look up at him. I felt tears pierce my eyes again but he hushed me, "wait until we get inside." He slipped the keys out of my hand and opened the main door, before arriving to the apartment door and opening up that one as well.

We were greeted by a cold draft, signaling no one has been home in a while. Cheyenne had separated herself from me for a while and I never asked why, I just let it happen assuming she needed her space. But it gets too lonely here and I think about her when I'm not thinking about Jersey and I wonder if I caused her to leave. Was she not happy here with me?

Jersey had turned the light on, causing me to squint as we walked inside. I also glanced behind myself to see him turning up the thermometer staff. I retrieved to my bedroom, putting down all my personal items before Jersey made his way into my room as well. I felt him stare at me as I placed my phone on the dresser, causing me to turn around and face him.

"Nova," his voice rumbled and I felt myself stiffen for a moment. "You need to talk to me.. About everything." His voice was pleading for me to open up to him but I still didn't know if that was the right choice.

The space around us almost felt suffocating to me, Jersey was too close but he was still prying to find out how i felt about him.

With a tiny sigh of defeat, I looked up at him and his hypnotizing blue eyes. "You really want to know how I feel about you?" I asked in a wary voice, already wanting to back out.

He took an alluring step closer and I reacted with his steps, taking one back. "More than anything," He said in such a hushed voice it sent shivers down my spin.

I glanced away, closing my eyes to block out his. When I opened them, I had to look past him to distract myself. There was no way I'd be able to speak and look at him, it was always too difficult to multi-task with him around.

I tightened my hand into a fist, ready to finally overcome this tiny fear I had. "For starters, you're one stubborn motherfucker-" I seethed which earned a husky laugh from him.

I continued anyways, my heart beginning to pick up this agonizing pace that literally made my chest hurt. "You're like a thunderstorm, destroying certain things but somehow doing it with a beauty that is unexplainable. You blow like a tornado and you can't help but damage whatever's in your path-"

My eyes found his as Jersey rudely interrupted me with a snort and an appointed look as if to tell me I was damn right about that. I just shook my head and continued to speak, my eyes completely captivated by his.

"But you're real, and you're genuine, and people fall in love with without even realizing it. You're that guy that girls read about, the guy that attracts girls with no intention to, You're a star and although sometimes you're not the brightest, you're definitely the one that's worth looking for."