Chapter Two

Persuasion (noun): the action or fact of persuading someone or of being persuaded to do or believe something.

Jersey's POV

"Meet me at the coffee house in twenty-five minutes, no later Jersey." The strict tone threatened through the phone and I snickered, "You got it Ry." I replied back before I hung up and threw the device onto my bed.

I went into the bathroom and smacked on the radio, a song from The 1975 came on and I found myself humming to it as I grabbed some hair gel and a comb. When I looked back into the mirror I couldn't help but let out a sloppy smile. God I hated my hair, it reminded me too much of the people I despised.

I started to comb my hair back when I heard my phone go off once more. I let out a groan but still didn't bother to even go pick it up. Might have been Ryan again, or it could have been my old friends calling for another friendly visit, but I wasn't in the mood to tolerate it today.

As I placed the gel in my hands, I started to remember last night and I found myself smiling like an idiot. That girl.. Nova, she was definitely something. At least I got her friends number, there'd be a chance I could actually come in contact with Nova when I wanted to mess around.

That's where I found my stomach turning again and I shook my head. Every time I thought about having a one night stand with Nova, my stomach seemed to be against it. I styled my hair to stick up slightly in the front and my phone ended up ringing again.

I still didn't answer it and I fixed a few strands that were out of place. I washed my hands and placed the comb and gel back in their rightful spots. When I was finished, I slapped off the radio when some other song called 'Already taken' came on. I was really not in the mood for some sappy love song nor will I ever be, I mean come on look at me, I'm certainly not the type of guy to fall in love with someone else.

When I walked out of the bathroom and back to my bedroom, I grabbed my phone and looked at the missed calls. One call was from Ryan and another from an unknown number. Chances were it could be my parents calling or some assholes who only wanted trouble.

I shoved my phone into my pocket and grabbed my keys before I walked out of my apartment, locking the door. When I walked away from my apartment and off the block, I took in the beautiful scenery I fell in love with when I moved here.

Living on 46th street was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. It wasn't too far from Times Square and Central Park. At night it was possibly the most breathtaking thing I have ever seen. With all the lights flashing in Time Square, it looked like some sort of dream. Especially when you were drunk, but I still enjoyed the view sober.

It was a nice day out to go out for a cup of coffee, but only if the coffee date with Ryan was a normal one. We usually had these meet up's when something went wrong or he found suspicion of certain people in the neighborhood.

I had a few blocks till I got to Caffebene but this walk was something I'd enjoy. I don't think I'd ever get sick of the view. New York City was one of the places I wanted to live in ever since I was little. I've been here plenty of times before, but it didn't take too long until I was in love with this place.

It brought peace to me and when I was going through trouble, I moved here knowing this would be a perfect escape. At least for a while.. Happiness never lasts with me. As I made my way down 46th street, I looked at everyone around me.

They were all so different... They probably did the same thing as me, escaped their worst nightmare's. Everybody knew this was a great getaway, who wouldn't want to be in New York City? This place drags in every one and it's like a drug. This is someone's dream and we're all living in it when we don't even notice.