Prologue - The Day Before The First Day Of School

currently editing the book, this episode isn't getting edited but the rest are.
————————————————————
Penelope was secretly reading in her bedroom under the covers, when she heard Matilda come in through the front door. She gets out from under the covers but keeps the book under them, to hide it. She makes her way to the top of the stairs and sees her parents bent over whispering about something.

Matilda then says, "Well.. Dr Martin Luther King once said, 'A lie cannot live."

"What is this about?" Penelope asks.

"We.. uh.. we forgot to send you both to school so now some inspector is here..." Her father, Mr Wormwood replied.

"Wait am I finally going to school?!" Penelope exclaimed excitedly.

"Sure.. sure yeah whatever.." Her father replied, once again.

"Thankyoythankyouthankyou!!!" She says happily, hugging her father before making her way back upstairs into her room.

When she gets back to her room, she gets the book she was reading from under the covers and put it on her shelf, hidden slightly.

She then turns her lights off and got into bed, happily dreaming about school and what it'll be like.

Zzzzz

Zzz...
Zz
zzzz

She then wakes up hastily, as she hears her fathers heavy footsteps. But she quickly falls back asleep as they slowly fade away.

Zzzz
Zzz...

Zzz
zzzzzz

———————————
a/n:

I know this quite short, since it's only 301 words but I don't have much of an idea of what to for her since she won't be in miss honey's class.. but i'll probably just make up a name for her teacher also her teacher is gonna be like ms honey 👍
but anyways hope you like it don't forget to drink water and sleep well!
also first book in like 2 years, my first ever book was cringe asf...

also feedback is appreciated but flat out hate will be deleted and blocked.