5. Quiet

lawd have mercy..
————————————————————
Penelope's POV:

I was free from Miss Trunchbull today, finally. I'm actually terrified of her after she put me in the Chokey a second time.

I'm really struggling right now, mentally. I mean, school, grades, Miss Trunchbull, my friends, Chokey, Matilda, Hortensia, my confusing feelings.. It's all taking a toll on me mentally and I know sooner or later i'm gonna snap. I just can't anymore.

I'm currently in class, holding back tears. I need to leave before I start crying.

"Uhm.. M-Miss Daisy, may I u-use the bathroom?" I ask, my voice shaking. She looks at me concerned but nodded, nonetheless.

I quickly rush out of there and into the closest bathroom, making sure no one is there.

I tried to keep my tears in but a few spilled out.

Meanwhile in class...

"Can someone go check on her, make sure everything is okay?" She asks the class.

Hortensia immediately stands up, saying "I will!" and runs out the classroom.

"Oh." Miss Daisy says, then carries on the lesson.

.........

As I was pacing in the bathroom, wiping the tears that'd occasionally fall, I hear footsteps coming towards the bathroom.

Oh god, please not now.

But when I saw who it was, I calmed down a bit.

It was Hortensia.

She immediately went towards me and stopped my pacing by grabbing my arms, making me face her.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her voice filled with worry.
"I don't want to tell it all, please."
"You can trust me." She promises, looking straight into my eyes hopefully.

"I.."
I take a deep breath in, knowing she won't give up until I tell her everything. Might as well..

"Have you ever wondered, well I have, about how when I say, say 'red' for example there's no way of knowing if 'red' means the same thing in your head as 'red' does in my head when someone says 'red.'
And how if we traveling at almost the speed of light and we're holding a light, that light would still travel away from us, at the full speed of light. Which seems right in a way. But i'm trying to say , I'm not sure but i wonder if inside my head i'm not just a bit different from some if my friends. These answers that come into my mind unbidden, these stories delivered to me fully written. And when everyone shouts like they seem to like shouting! The noise in my head is incredibly loud, and I just wish they'd stop. My dad and my mum, and the telly and stories would stop for just once. And i'm sorry, i'm not quite explaining it right. But this noise becomes anger and the anger is light and this burning inside me would usually fade but it isn't today. And the heat and the shouting, and my heart is pounding. Then everything, everything is.. quiet." I finally get it all out, the I start crying again, which turns into full on sobbing. I can't help it.

(honestly idk how that applies to her but just pretend it does)

"It's okay, it's gonna be okay." She whispers to me. She then hugs me, and I felt a flutter everywhere. What the hell? Why is my body doing this? The longer she hugs me the more it flutters.

I quickly rip from her grip because the fluttering is a lot. She looks at me confused
"What's wrong?" She asks me.
"Nothing, it's nothing.." I trail off.

"It's obviously something." She says, crossing her arms.
"It's nothing!" I exclaim, turning around so she doesn't see my red face.
"Like I'll believe that." She says, walking so she faces my face and leans in close.
"What's wrong?" She asks once again, sternly.
"It's nothing I swear!" I stutter out, my face getting redder every second.
"Alright fine, i'll drop it." She sighs.
"But I'm still gonna cheer you up."

What I didn't notice was her face was also red the whole time.

——————————

While walking home I think back to today. Why did my heart flutter so much? Why did I get so red? Omg... No. I can't! I can't like her! She's practically my best friend! Oh my god..

My thoughts are cut short by me arriving home. I step in, seeing my parents packing up items and clothes..

"What's going on?" I ask?
"We're moving to Spain." My father replied, hurriedly.
"What?! Spain?!" I exclaim.
"Why?" I ask.
"Because your father sold cars to the flaming mafia!" My mum yells.

"What about Miss Daisy? Lavender? Nigel? Matilda? What about Hortensia?!" I yell.
"Forget them! I'm picking you up from school tomorrow. Now get to bed!" My father exclaims.

I run up the stairs to my room and slam my door. I slide down the door, tears streaming down my face.

I slowly head to my bed, not caring about anything else, and cry myself to sleep.

—————————

guess what chapter is next 😏

i might steal bruce next chapter tbh..

anyways hope you enjoyed

848 words.

I accept feedback but not flat out hate.