Bolt out of blue

Sun rays pierced through the bedroom. The birds' chirpings indicated the sky had dawned. Swaminathan slowly came to Ananya's room and lifted her duvet.

'Happy birthday Ananya chellam (dear)' he slowly told near her ears.

Ananya opened her eyes with a smile and hugged her dad 'thank you pa'.

'inniki mariye ennikum nee happyah irukanum'
(You should be happy forever like today..)
he said and kissed her forehead.

'nee enkooda irukum bothu naan happyah thaan irupen pa'
(When you are with me...I will always be happy dad...)
ananya smiled showing her dimples.

'Chellam..seekaram ready ayitu vaa...appa unakku breakfast ready panren'
(Dear...get ready fast...i will prepare the breakfast....)
Swaminathan left not before handing over the coffee to her.

She checked her mobile before leaving to refresh. She opened the message to find a birthday wish from Vikram.

'Happy birthday Rowdy (Don)...Stay happy and stay healthy forever' . She felt immense happiness looking at his message. She couldn't realize what she exactly feels, but whenever she hears his voice or gets to see his message her heart flutters.

She left to refresh after having her coffee.

She came dressed in a blush pink long sleeveless gown and did her hair by pinning the hair strands from both the sides. She came downstairs.

'Chellam..vaada...ammakitta pray panniko'
(Come dear...pray to mom...)
Swaminathan said to her.

'seri pa..(ok dad..)' she said and she went to Pooja room where her mother's portrait was kept and lit the lamp and she prayed to her mother.

'amma...unna ennikum naan miss pannathe illa. Yena appa unna miss pannatha alavukku enna paathukuraaru. aana inniki nee ennoda illanu feel panren ma...nee eppavum en kooda thaan irukenu theriyum ma..enna bless Pannu ma..'
(Ma...I never missed you..because dad is taking care of me to the extend that I never felt of missing you...i know you are always with me..but today I wish you could be here with me...bless me ma...)
she prayed to her in her heart. A lone tear escaped from her eyes.

'amma eppavum namma kooda thaan irukka da..ava asirvatham ennikum unakku irukkum'
(Mom is always with you dear...her blessings are always there for you...)
Swaminathan caressed her head. She smiled at him.

'Chellam (dear)..vaa (come)...breakfast ready. ' Swaminathan diverted her. Swaminathan placed idli, Pongal, vadai, sambar, chutney and badam halwa on the plate and started to feed her.

'appa...ennapa breakfast ku ivlo items senji iruke..yen pa ivlo strain pannikara?'
(Dad...why do you strain yourself by preparing so many items for breakfast?) Ananya gasped.

'pinna..inniki en ponnuku birthday..specialah panna vendaama..ithellam sappa matteruh?'
(Today is my princess birthday...should I not do something special for breakfast...these are all very simple for me...)
Swaminathan started feeding her. Ananya was drowned in the taste.

'Vera level pa..semma po..'
(It's delicious dad...superb..)
She appreciated him.

'appa..inniki evening en birthdayku en office friends oda vikramum Sharath annavum varanga'
(Dad..today evening Vikram and Sharath bro are also coming along with my office friends for my birthday) she chirped.

'athu thaan en ponnoda face 1000 watts bulb maari jolikum bothe therithe Yaaru specialah varanganu'
(I could see my princess face glowing like a 1000 watts light and realised who is going to arrive this evening...) Swaminathan teased her. She giggled hearing it.

Ananya said him that she could order dinner for night outside as it would be difficult for her dad to cook. But swaminathan denied saying he will cook. So she did not further argue with him. So she just left the office not before saying not to strain much by cooking too many dishes.