-Chapter 2-

'The Klark family's murder'

I woke up due to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. Got out of my bed, put my slippers on and went to the washroom. Wait, I forgot to check the time. I turned on my mobile and saw it was 4:45 am. Ok, I had enough time to get ready for my interview.

 I took a refreshing shower. For luck, I ate some cheese toast for breakfast. I brushed my teeth again and made sure there was no residue left between my teeth. I dressed in some formal and good clothes. Took my bag and keys and got out, locking the door. I sighed and walked to the infamous 'Klark's Family Bakery.' I got in through the 'Staff only' entry.

 "Oh, we have that young boy to work with us!" Said the familiar voice of that old lady. "Yes, miss. I want to work in your Cafe." I said. "Perfect!" An old masculine voice, who must be Mr. Klark, replied. I greeted him and his wife. "You seem very nice, young man." Mrs. Klark said. I thanked her for her niceness. 

"Oh well, you said you want to work here?" Mr. Klark said. Before I could reply, he continued in a severe tone. "Are you good at memorizing?" He asked. I nodded and replied in an assertive tone as well. "I have won prizes in competitions for memorizing." I pulled out certificates to show them. Mrs. Klark was in awe. Mr. Klark let out a 'tsk' sound. "I want you to prove me." He said. I was ready, so I nodded. 

He gave me a waiter's dress to put on, which I did. He ordered me to get orders of 15 tables. He stood at the door, stunned at my skill, at how fast I was. Even after trying my best, I still heard a 'pfft' from Mr. Klark. I shut my eyes hard and sighed in annoyance. "Good try, kid." Mr. Klark said. I sighed and was ready to pull out my trump card. I

 served the tables their food and cleaned the tables swiftly. After I was done, I went to the backroom. "Ottimo, kiddo." Mr. Klark said. "I made such comments to make you afraid, yet you were so confident. I am proud of you. You are hired, Jay." "Thank you, sir," I replied, happy that my trump card worked so efficiently. I smiled and got back to work. 

I was told that since today was my first day, I would be getting some money and then on payday like other employees. I worked hard and did my best. Hopefully, I will stay here for a long time.

~End of the day~

"Here is your first paycheck, in cash." Mrs. Klark said as she handed me an envelope of hard cash. "You should celebrate your new job; you're young anyways." I giggled at her words. I walked out of the Café. Mrs. Klark was correct. I should probably celebrate. Also, I was hungry... A sweet won't hurt. 

I went into a sweet shop. "How can I help you... Jay?" I got startled. I looked at the waitress to see no one other than Becky!! "Hey, Becky!! How are you?" I said. "I'm fine, and oh lord, we met again!! The world is indeed a small place." I nodded at her comment. 

"Well, I was successful in my interview and decided to treat myself." I narrated. "So, I'll buy a dozen of... um... cannoli!!" I exclaimed, which was followed by Becky's laughter. "Alright, a dozen of cannoli it is!" She said as she packed my order. "24 Euro." She said, and I handed her the money. 

The shop was suspiciously close to Klark's. Meh, doesn't matter to me. I reached home, changed my clothes and made some Gnocchi Alla Sorrento. I decorated my table and my house beautifully; it looked cosy and comfortable to me, at least. I set food on the table. 

I was lonely... I should not have left my parent's house. Guilt began to fill me up. No, I did a good job. I wasn't allowed to do anything. It's okay; everything happens for good. I even have to eat the dessert!! Yeah right... I broke down. I curled up into a ball and sobbed, gripping my hair. "No! No!" I sobbed. I tried to calm myself down. I walked into the washroom and washed my face. "Don't cry... It's fine." I assured myself. I went into the dining room and began eating. I then took a few Cannoli and put them on my plate. I bit one. Oh my god. It was so delicious! While I was savouring my dessert. 

I heard a loud, feminine screech. I jolted up and ran out of the house. I took the stairs and looked around. People didn't seem to mind the scream, but I was terrified. I ran aimlessly and searched everywhere for God knows what.

 I then heard another scream; It sounded masculine this time. I started to run towards the direction of the sound. I had to inform Mr. and Mrs. Klark about this. I ran in front of their house to see two corpses of none other than the Klark couple. I was horrified.

-END OF CHAPTER 2-

A/N- Double update? HELL YEAH