-Chapter 3-

-Chapter 3-

'The questioning'

I was horrified by what I saw. Without thinking, I screamed for help. People came out of their houses to see what was the matter. Horrible. How can these people be so calm when someone is screaming? I tried to brush it off and saw people calling 911. I fell to my knees. Why? Why does it has to get messed up when I have to do something out of my own will? Then I noticed something. Heartbeat was carved messily on their arms.

 Soon, 2 cars came into the scene. "Move aside, everyone." Said the voice. I weakly looked up and saw Becky in a detective suit with a few police. "B-Bec!" I sobbed. "They're dead!!" "Calm down..." Becky said. "I-I.." I managed to blurt out before I wept. She calmed me down. "Come with me. And everyone else, please go back to your respective places." Becky said as people left. She seated me in her car. "I'll be back, and then we'll go to my office for questioning." She said. I nodded, too confused and horrified to speak. I could not forget the horrifying image of the corpses. So bloody and gory. 

Soon, Becky entered the car. "We're going. Are you better?" She said. "Yes..." I mumbled weakly. "You don't sound you're doing good." She replied while starting the car. "You don't work in the sweet shop?" I asked her. "That's just part-time. You don't get money when you don't have any cases. Also, it is a family business." She answered. I started to get better. At least some of the confusion was going away. We arrived at her office. 

She got me out and seated me in front of her desk. She sat in front of me. "Do you know the time when the murder occurred?" She asked. "Around dinner time, 8:30..." I answered. "What were you doing?" "Eating my dinner." I gulped. "I was eating my dinner, then suddenly, I heard Mrs Klark scream. I ran down and then heard another scream from Mr Klark this time. I ran as fast as possible and saw the couple's bloody corpses. I was out of my mind. I felt like crying, killing myself and keeping myself calm. Beside that, My first reaction was to scream for help. Some people came running down; perhaps they got cautious by screams from different voices and then call for help. 

They got out and started to make a circle around us. Some people saw me running down but didn't mind anything. I-I was scared... I am still afraid... Who would do such a thing to this sweet and innocent couple?..." I ranted out to her. She nodded. "What is your floor and address?" "Top floor, K-309..." I answered in a weak voice. "Alright," She spoke. "Did you see the killer?" "I may have gotten a glance... I saw oversized clothes being changed, and then they ran away. On the 2nd floor, when I looked up at my surroundings." I replied. "Can you draw me what you saw?" She handed me a piece of paper and a pencil. 

I began drawing and wrote what colour the thing was. I gave her the drawing. "Good..." She mumbled as she analysed the picture. "Blue and white hoodie... Grey jeans..." Suddenly, we heard a knock on the door. Becky walked out and opened the door. It was The police. "I see; you're still ten steps ahead of us." The police said. "Of course, I am and will be." She replied. Becky gave them the report and talked to them. Please don't ask me why I didn't want to hear that. Suddenly I remembered... "There was a heartbeat drawn messily!!" I jolt up. "Yes, we saw that... The heartbeat killers are what they call themself. They just suddenly came out of nowhere and started to murder people." One of the police said. 

"That's how killers work, sir." I said with my leftover confidence. I saw one of the police smirk. I sighed and sat down again. I rubbed my eyes, and suddenly Becky came up to me. "What relation do you have with the Klark couple?" She asked. "I live in their apartment and work in their cafe... or maybe used to work there... I don't know." She noted down my answer. My mind was filled with all these stressful thoughts. 

"You can go home now. I can drop you off. I don't believe you have a vehicle." She said. It was true. I didn't own a vehicle, so I agreed. She dropped me off. "Don't stress too much about it. Take a nap and relax." She advised me. I nodded and thanked her. I walked near the stairs and saw the bodies were gone. However, they were traced with chalk or something. I went up the stairs to my house.

 I entered, closed the door, walked to my bed and lay down. Soon falling asleep. I woke up; it was 8 AM. I dressed in a plain brown hoodie and some plain denim jeans. I got out and went out to buy essentials.

~30 mins later~

I walked past the Klark's Cafe. I looked at it. It was closed; of course, it would be. I looked at the door; it was decorated with flowers and a bouquet in their memory. I just... Before I could think of anything, I ran away. I started to sob while running. I ran into a person. "Are you ok?" They asked. I didn't lie. "I'm not!" I said between my sobs. 

They hugged me; "Calm down." They said. I stopped crying and eventually started to feel better. "Let me drop you... is that alright?" They said. I nodded. I needed some help. "Your name?" I asked. "Joy. And you?" They asked. "Jay, our name is similar." I tried to smile. They chuckled and dropped me at my home, but they never asked me for my address... weird... I thanked them, walked to my house, and kept the stuff in its respective place. 

I went into the bathroom and washed my face. I received a message from Becky. It read, "We or I would say 'I' have questioned other people in the apartment. We'll be interviewing you next, at your home only. Text me when you are free." I replied, "You can come over now; just don't bring too many people, please." "Alright. Don't worry, we won't be much." She texted. 

I cleaned the living room thoroughly, ensuring no dirt was left. Becky knocked, and I opened the door. There were two police officers and Becky, of course. I welcomed them, and Becky took no time to start questioning. She asked me, what I was doing, who I saw and other questions. It took about 40 minutes to complete the interview.

 I felt like telling her about Joy... I don't get good vibes from them, like they know my address and all. "Hey Becky, can we talk alone?" I asked her, not wanting any of the police to hear us. She agreed, and the police left the apartment. "So, what was it?" She asked. "Um, I met this person back home after running errands. They knew my address... Their name is Joy." I answered. She nodded. "That doesn't sound like much of a deal to me." Becky replied. I sighed; at least I was safe. 

Becky left my house, and then I took off my clothes. I had to change them.  

-END OF CHAPTER 3-

(Sorry if the story doesn't makes sense, the dead-line is on 15 Jan)