-Chapter 4-

'Investigation'

Becky has informed me about her starting the investigation, and for the surprise, she will need my help. She said she'd pick me up soon, so I just got ready. I took the important stuff in my bag and walked down to the entrance. Gladly, CCTV cameras are everywhere, so it will be easier to catch the culprit. First, we will go to Beck's office. Yeah, she lets me call her that. Then we will notice who is suspicious and then interrogate that person. 

Surprisingly, only a few people were living in the apartment. After an hour of discussion. Bethannie K-212 and Daniel K-307 were our first suspects. "We can't just interrogate them without any evidence!" I said. "Yeah... We should first go to the security room and check the cameras." Becky suggested. Becky agreed, and we went back to the apartment. We asked the security guard to let us in. They only allowed Becky inside. 

"You go and ask people what they saw. And make sure you write each word they say." Becky gave me a task. I went to everyone's house.

-2 hours later-

After asking almost everyone in the apartment about that, I decided I wanted to give up. I rarely got any vital information, but I had to write everything just as Becky said. Although I was disappointed, I did get some spicy information.

 I saved the best for last. Bethannie and Daniel. I rang the bell to K-212. "Yes?" A female voice said. "I want to ask you about the Klark couple's death." I said formally. She welcomed me into her house. "As far as I know, the Klark couple is the best people I've met. I came here four years ago, for my college. They welcomed me pretty nicely and were like second parents to me. I am somewhat surprised anyone could do this to them... Anything else?" She said. I began regretting suspecting her. "Thank you so much, miss. This was enough." I thanked her and went to K-307.

 I was afraid of Daniel. He had a ripped body and a scary look on his face. With my shaking hands, I rang the doorbell. "Oh, it's locked..." I said with relief. I went down back into the massive hall where Becky told me to meet her after I was done. "Hey!!" I heard an oh-so-familiar voice speak. "Joy!" I said with fake enthusiasm. That boy scares me. "Well, I hope your 'heartbeats' are ok." He said with a smile. Did he know I was scared? Oh my god... Hold on a second. 'Heartbeat'... The Heartbeat killers...  

No, I can't just blame someone like this. "It's alright, as much as I know," I said with a chuckle. Joy started to chuckle too. "Well then, I have some important matter to take care of," I said. "Oh, okay. Well, take care of your 'heartbeats'!" He said before I left. I have to tell Becky about this.

 I reached the hall, and Becky was there too. She smiled. "I've got the hints."

  II

We went straight to the office. Becky took my notebook and played the evidence from the CCTV cameras on her laptop. "He looks like..." I said. "Do you know them?" Becky cut me off. "Joy..."

-END OF CHAPTER 4-