-Chapter 5-

'Capture him'

Becky was shocked. She looked at me with her widened eyes. "Did you meet them lately?" Becky asked. "I-it can't be him!" I exclaimed. "Answer my question, Jay," Becky said, trying to calm me down. "Yes... When I was coming here, I met him. He was acting suspicious and talked about something like 'heartbeats'." I said, still in shock. And then Becky ran away without saying where to go. I ran after her. "Get in the car!! Fast!" She screamed. I got in the passenger seat beside the driver's seat. 

She got in, and I swear she broke all speed limits while driving. I was honestly frightened for my life. We finally stopped at the city centre. She dragged me out of the car and arrived at the main office. She did all the talking, and I, to be honest, just stood there, confused. She got Joy's full name and address in about 15 minutes. Oh, nice, the workers are fast. 

She again began to drag me to the stairs, then to her car. She shoved me into the passenger seat and said. "Put this location on maps and then guide me." She was obviously in a hurry. I put the location in the maps app on my phone. I guided her to the address.

~Joy's POV~

"I-I am sorry!!" I exclaimed, begging for forgiveness. "I told you to delete the CCTV files and then kill Jay. Don't you understand how much trouble we could get into?" Elmer, my boss, my senior, the mastermind, my everything...He said as he whipped me again. "I was going too!! B-but he ran away!!" I said. "Liar, liar, pants on fire." He said, in full rage. Elmer whipped me again; I sobbed and begged for forgiveness. The whip had now torn my clothes. He was hitting me with such anger. Was it real? Or was it pent-up frustration? He hit me again. "Cry... cry more..." He ordered maniacally. Suddenly, two people broke into the room.

~Jay's POV~

We reached and slowly opened the door. We silently entered the house and heard cries and moans from a locked room. Becky handed me a gun and ordered me to get on the opposite side of the door. "Cry... cry more..." A maniac sort of voice said from the room. We decided it was the time. We broke in. "Hands up and drop the weapons!!" Becky commanded. 

"E-Elmer??" Becky said in shock. Her grip on the gun tightened. "Police Officer Elmer, you are under arrest for abuse..." Becky said, her voice sounding rage-full. I looked in to see the police, who smirked at me. "Jay?" Joy said. "I'm sorry!!! I was the one who killed them!! He ordered and abused me to do so!! He is the mastermind behind the Heartbeat killers!!" Joy confessed. Elmer was still in shock. Becky handcuffed him and told me to bring Joy. 

The intelligent and ten steps ahead one had already called the police. She left the room and nodded. I went to Joy. "Can you stand up?" I asked, taking out my hand. He nodded and took my hand. I helped him get up and guided him out of the house. 

The police took both of them, and we arrived at my apartment. The Klark couple's children were there, mourning their parents' death. Becky went to them. "We found the culprit." She said, smiling. "Are they arrested?" One of them said. Becky nodded. All four of them ran up to hug us. 

"I couldn't do it without you..." Becky whispered to me.

-END OF CHAPTER 5-