Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE;rag-tag group

CHAPTER THREE;
rag-tag group

      The grotesque chitter-chatter that was floating around school had caused a decline in Natasha's appetite by the time lunch came around.

Like usual, she was sat at her standard spot at the water fountain outside with Randy and Tatum, Sidney and Billy, and Tatum's boyfriend Stu. 

"What kind of questions did they ask you, Sid?" Tatum asked, popping a grape into her mouth. 

Sidney, who was resting against her boyfriend Billy, replied, "They asked if I knew Casey."

"They asked me that too," Natasha added, nodding. 

"Same," Tatum said as she leaned back into Stu's shoulder.

Natasha was sat in between Tatum and Randy, in closer proximity to the latter. She moved her leg slightly to the side, touching Randy's leg gently. Their hands were a short distance away from each other, but not close enough to be classed as touching. They were the only non-couple of the group, which in all honesty, they didn't mind. Natasha could sometimes feel uncomfortable and repulsed by Tatum and Stu, and Billy and Sidney's loud and obvious public displays of affection.

"Hey, did they ask you if you like to hunt?" Stu asked, mainly Billy, from his spot in between Sidney and Tatum. 

"Yeah, they did." Replied Billy as he chucked something into the fountain, making a splash. "Did they ask you?" Stu nodded in response.

"Hunt?" Tatum interrupted, "Why would they ask if you like to hunt?"

"'Cause their bodies were gutted." Randy said with an eyebrow jerk upwards. He moved further into Natasha's side.

Billy sat up, putting a chip into his mouth. "Thank you for that, Randy." 

"They didn't ask me if I like to hunt."  Tatum huffed, picking up another grape.

Stu chuckled. "That's because there's no way a girl could've killed them."

Tatum turned her head to look at her boyfriend. "That is so sexist. The killer could easily have been female. Basic Instinct."

"That was an ice pick." Randy stated. "Not exactly the same thing."

"Okay, Mr Know-It-All," Chortled Natasha, next to him.

"I-" Randy started before stopping, looking at her. He nudged her shoulder before continuing. "You, of all people, did not just call me a know-it-all! Mrs Smart-ass."

She laughed, turning her head away from him to face Tatum.

"Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out." Stu replied, ignoring Randy and Natasha's conversation. "And the fact is, it takes a man to do something like that."

"Tatum, you're so right." Natasha added in, poking fun at him. "Your boyfriend is so sexist. You should find a new one. God knows any man would take you up on that offer."