1.1 meet niall

monday, 11th may

7.02 am

eyes with a beautiful shade of blue that would put the sky to shame, moist pink heart-shaped lips, fluffy blonde hair with perfect alabaster skin leaves louis tongue-tied. a cute laugh emits from the boy before looking up at louis due to his height, "welcome to east high! i'm niall james horan and i'll be your school guide for the day."

"uh... i'm lou-louis," and before his stuttering could get any more embarrassing, he is cut off by a particularly loud whimper from behind the door. looking over niall's head, an unknown face is pressed against the small window on the wooden door. niall groans petulantly and louis refrains himself from cooing because the boy really reminds of an angry puppy.

he can only nod dumbly, still entranced by this boy called niall horan, as the latter profusely apologises about his friend's behaviour before scurrying out to talk to the person. "it's okay, boy. almost everyone gets attracted to niall on the first day. sweet boy, right?" the lady questions after watching louis facepalm himself and smiles slightly when the boy nods to her question.

their small moment is interrupted by niall entering the room once more, a blush apparent on his face as a string of apologies leaves his lips again. "harry's an idiot and now he's late for homeroom but how about we start the tour now?" louis nods, following him as he waved at the nice lady, "see you later, cecelia."

the woman sends a grin at the pair, telling them to 'have fun' accompanied by a cheeky wink.

(=^・ェ・^=)

"again, sorry about that. i didn't get your full name just now," louis grins at the way niall walks, or more like skips. they have been walking around the school for almost an hour and a half because that's what his watch says but louis feels like it's been much shorter, probably due to the fact that he absolutely loves the way niall rambles about the most mundane things in the school.

("one time someone started this horrible rumour that the school's water has been poisoned so the student body just avoided using the drinking fountains for the whole day and there was an unscheduled fire drill and because most of the pupils were dehydrated, the nurse had to deal with a ton of students that blacked out - including me." louis just smiles fondly as he watches the blushing boy skim his dainty fingers on the drinking fountain.)

"it's louis - louis tomlinson." a quiet 'oh' is heard, niall confessing his liking towards louis' surname before he starts a story about his parents actually having a fight because they respectively wanted him to take their family name.

they are now overlooking the famous and respected football field - niall's words, not his - as he listens to the ending of niall's story. "do you tell everyone all your personal stories?" louis playfully asks, looking at the way the smaller boy happily leans over the railings by the seats.

"hey, hey, careful now," he says, a hand protectively wrapped around niall's slim waist after the boy misplaces his feet and almost falls over and niall happily turns around in his arm so he can fully face louis. "whoops. regarding your question, no - i just feel really comfortable around you."

(=^・ェ・^=)

the next thing he knows is that niall is crawling under the benches and retrieves a ball from under there with a proud 'voila!' as he grabs onto louis' wrist and pulls him towards the grassy field. the brunette-haired boy pretends that the gentle touch doesn't affect him in any way as they pass the ball with each other.

"is there like a specific way to try out for the school's team?" niall's bottom lip juts out as he thinks about it and shrugs, "i'm not really sure but i do know some people who would know how to join the football team. if you're free, you can come over to my place and we'll discuss about this more."

"that's awesome! can we do it this evening?" louis excitedly offers because the sooner they can talk about it, the sooner he can join the team and niall nods in agreement, his face showing just as much eagerness as louis. "sounds great, let me give you my number and just give me a heads up when you want to come over."

and before louis can freak out because a pretty boy is offering to give him his number, droplets of rain starts to come down making both of them shriek as they quickly try to shield themselves from the incoming heavy downpour.

it's only been seconds but the rain is already pelting down onto their bodies and despite his ability to run quickly, niall is struggling to run for shelter so he runs to the boy, scooping him up in his arms before making a run to the nearest building with a roof. they're both giggling messes in haste for a shelter, getting wetter and wetter by every second.

(=^・ェ・^=)

"thank you for that. i actually had so much fun!" niall throws his hands up in the air giddily, his smile reaching up to his ears when they reach louis' classroom. a similar happy response forms in louis' brains but before he is able to say it out loud, he is being hugged but the shorter arms are not even able to fully wrap around his waist.

"we should totally do that again," louis hugs back and feels niall slip a paper into his shirt pocket as he mumbles 'my number' into his chest. niall pulls away, too quickly in louis' opinion, and says he needs to go now if he wants to attend the next period so he runs off carelessly, louis making sure he doesn't trip over himself before he enters his own classroom.

forgetting the fact that he is a new student who is turning up late while soaking wet, he turns around to see his new classmates and teacher staring incredulously at him. "and you are?"

hi! hi!

i went overboard with the whole louis meeting niall thing so here's a chapter over 1000 words for you guys.

oh btw this chapter is inspired by the pic above/on the side because look at how cute niall looks despite him making a crying face

lastly, i just wanted to ask you guys what other niall-centric ships(nessie, ziall, narry, niam, etc.) do you prefer? because i'm thinking of writing another fic but i don't know who niall's partner should be???

(⌒▽⌒)♡ cass