Chapter 28:

If you're vegetarian/vegan, imagine that Alejandro and your dad are making vegan food for you.

I woke up very late the next day, It was 11:20 and I remember Alejandro wasn't on the bed with me anymore, not even y/p/n, I could hear they were playing with my mom in the backyard. I took a shower and went downstairs.

"Look who's finally awake!" Said my dad. They were already doing barbecue while drinking some beers, it smelled great.

"Woooow" I said.

"Cómo estás preciosa?" Alejandro kissed me.

"Bien, ¿y tú mi amor?" I replied.

"Bien preciosa, gracias" He kissed me again.

"Seems like our daughter is bilingual now" My mom giggling.

"That's good" Said my dad.

Y/p/n trying to get my attention so I played with them, so I grabbed their favorite toy and played with them and my mom while Alejandro and my dad were cooking.

I wished y/b/n was there with us, it'd be wonderful to have all the family reunited, but it was gonna take a while for him to accept our relationship.

We played with y/p/n until Alejandro joined us for a bit, y/p/n loved Alejandro and I couldn't feel happier!

The food was ready, my mom and I set the table while Alejandro and my dad were bringing the food to the dining room. We were about to start eating when I suddenly heard my brother's voice.

"What smells so good?" Said he, walking in the kitchen smiling until he saw Alejandro was there.

"Honey!" Said my mom, going towards him to give him a hug.

My brother looking at Alejandro.

I couldn't feel more uncomfortable, I hoped he didn't ruin our lunch or I'd kill him.

"Sit with us" Said my mom, all happy.

My brother sat by my dad, and we began to eat.

My brother talked everything about the mission of Sin Nombre and how they caught her, I felt really uncomfortable, I didn't want them to talk about her at the table. Alejandro rubbed my back after seeing my mad face.

My mom didn't know anything about her, she could tell I was mad, but I guess she thought I was uncomfortable just because she was the woman who kidnapped me.

"I think we shouldn't talk about that woman in this house, don't you think y/d/n?"

"I agree" Said my dad.

We finished our food, it couldn't be better, even though my brother was there, I felt happy for his presence, we were all together just like I wanted to, I wished I could take a picture.

"We should take a picture all together" I said.

My brother's face wasn't as happy.

"Of course!" Said my mom. She was always supporting me.

I took the selfie of all of us at the table. I was so happy!

"What's for dessert?" I asked.

Alejandro laughed. Probably remembering times...

"Who wants ice cream?" Asked my mom.

"Me!" Said my brother and I together. We smiled.

We had the best ice cream ever, I helped my brother do the dishes, when he decided to talk to me.

"Have you talked to him already?" He asked.

"Yes!" I said. Happy about it.

He looked at me.

"Did he talk about everything?" He asked.

My face changed completely.

I stayed in silence. I didn't know what to say.

"I guess he didn't" He said.

"Well then tell me, you're being annoying once again" I replied.

"I'm not being annoying, I just want him to be completely fair and honest with you before this turns serious"

"It is fucking serious y/b/n!" I said, raising my voice

"Shhh!" My brother looked behind him to make sure my parents weren't listening.

We finished doing the dishes when I made my way towards Alejandro, who was happily watching tv with my dad el muy pendejo.

"Alejandro" I said

He was surprised I called him by his name.

He stood up.

I made him follow me to my room, my brother followed us.

"There is something else you need to tell me" I said.

"I told you everything" He replied. My brother listening to everything we were saying.

"No, you didn't" Said my brother, threatening Alejandro.

"Fine, but leave me alone with her." Said he.

My brother looked at me.

"It's ok y/b/n". He left the room.

"Promise me you're not gonna get all bitchy about it and that you'll understand" He said.

"It depends" I answered.

"Well, I do promise you that nothing is going on between her and I, I put it on my family remember?"

"Yeah..." I was anxious.

"Valeria..." He said.

He sighed.

"Valeria is my wife" He said.

I stayed staring at him with wide open eyes, breathing with difficulty, not believing what he was saying. His wife? And he promised me nothing was going on between them? How the fuck is that?

"Your what?" I asked with my voice cracking.

"My wife..."

I stared at him in shock, about to faint.

"We were about to divorce when she... disappeared and betrayed the army, we couldn't finish the process"

"And I have to believe you?" I asked.

"Yes" Said he.

"I don't believe you Alejandro"

"You must believe me" He said.

"Why?"

"Porque te amo y/n!" He yelled.

I stayed in silence, looking at him with cold eyes.

"And because you're my girlfriend".

I felt nausea in my belly, badly. So, I ran towards the bathroom and threw up. I bet it was because of the situation. I cleaned the toilet and washed my teeth, still feeling the thinguie in my stomach.

"Estás bien?" Alejandro asked.

"You ok?" Asked my brother

"Yes, thanks." I went downstairs and got a glass of water.