Curiosity killed the dragon

(3rd Person PoV)

Click!

Click!

Click!

"Hmmm how curious," a boy wearing plain white clothes and glasses was typing on a computer when he noticed something was off.

"Master Nail, what is it?" A moving and talking massage chair asked, peering over the boy's shoulder.

"There's a disturbance somewhere but I can't fully pinpoint where it's coming from," Nail murmured.

He continued to type on the computer and even moved on to a full on virtual computer system that surrounded him with tabs so Nail could work faster.

Eventually...

Nail stopped typing and just stared at a screen.

It showed a world in ruin, cards ripped in half, duel disks broken and some people who were wearing cloaks.

Those people were shaming a group of young people who were holding onto ripped cards and broken duel disk.

I'm curious to see what they're saying, Nail wondered.

But one thing is certain....

This is NOT the world that Nail is in and he knows this. There is not a single place that Nail doesn't know on Earth so where could this place be?

Meanwhile in a golden void, a young woman with brunette hair and reddish pink highlights in pigtails was floating in the air, curled up and her hands clasped together.

Her eyes fluttering open to reveal violet and fear.

"It's happened again," she whispered.

It's a feeling that she hasn't felt since the Academia  but one she was too familiar with.

Someone is trying to travel through dimensions...but who? And why?

"Show me," she said to the void and it shifted to show the same ruined world that Nail has seen.

The young woman felt sad upon seeing this world but she had to see who is trying to travel through dimensions.

There were a group of people wearing cloaks and the leader was wearing a mask that resembles one of those theater masks. One side sad, another happy.

For some reason...this leader appears familiar to the woman even though she has no knowledge of this person. Who could it be?

"Tell us...where is the doctor? She has the knowledge to dimension hop and we need it," the leader said.

"We'll never give you the location of the doctor!" A small group of people who were opposing the cloaked group exclaimed.

"Guess we'll do this the hard way," the leader swiped the air and something that resembles the duel disk of the Fusion Dimension appeared in front to them.

"What kind of duel disk is that?" Someone asked.

"I thought almost all the duel disks were destroyed!?" Another person cried.

The leader laughed and summoned an unfamiliar monster to the young woman. The monster blasted away the small group.

The young woman floated there, shocked. She may have seen terrifying things before and this is relatively tame compared to those things but it wasn't the sight that shocked her the most.

It was the fact that someone would blast away innocents just to get what they want and what they want is to travel through dimensions.

That was too familiar to her. She made a fist at this.