The King has arrived in Link Vrains

A/N: just a heads up, the events of Vrains are going to be very different here than in canon. Just thought I'd give the heads up first

(3rd Person PoV)

"Yusaku? Yusaku!"

A boy with blue hair and pink highlights opened his eyes and lifted his head up from his arms. He blinked sleepily.

"Come on man. I have been trying to wake you up for five minutes," a boy with green hair huffed.

"Mmm'sorry. Didn't get much sleep last night," Yusaku yawned.

He didn't add on to that. None of his business to know why Yusaku wasn't sleeping well.

"Well I got some news, my good buddy!" The green haired boy stated.

"Shima...no offense but I don't care," Yusaku deadpanned.

"Sheesh, you're in a bad mood but anyways! Haven't you heard? There's a new player on Link Vrains!" Shima stated.

Now this got Yusaku's attention. And apparently two others as well.

"New player?" A boy with fluffy white hair and red highlights and wearing green glasses appeared in the entrance of the classroom.

"On Link Vrains?" A girl with short brown hair appeared behind him.

"Yeah, Takeru, Aoi. They call him The King and he hasn't lost a duel from what I have heard," Shima stated.

Never lost a duel? We'll see about that, Yusaku thought.

"Huh. Interesting. Do you know what type of player he is?" Takeru asked.

"All I know, from what the forums say, that he plays fiend monsters. Usually," Shima explained.

"And did he just show up out of nowhere?" Aoi asked.

"Yeah, it's crazy," Shima stated and to this Yusaku got up and left the classroom. Takeru and Aoi followed him.

Shima was confused and why did they leave but he didn't follow them.

When there was no one around, three new voices popped up from all three of their Duel Disks.

"A new player in Link Vrains? Why did this guy gain your interest when no other has?" A black and purple figure asked.

"Something about this 'The King' seems...off putting, Ai," Yusaku said.

"Off putting? You can say that again. How much you bet that he can be on your level?" A black and red figure asked.

"We're not sure, Flame. We might need to check this guy out," Takeru replied.

"Aqua, have you received any visions?" Aoi asked and the blue figure shook her head.

"Nothing. It's been too quiet," Aqua replied.

"Well Takeru, you're right. We have to check this guy out for three reasons. One, we need to see what type of duelist he is. Two, we need to his alignment whether he is friend or foe. And three, if he's with Sol Technology or anyone else," Yusaku explained.

"Eh, guess you have a point. So you're going to log on after school?" Ai asked.

"That's correct. Let's meet up at Kusanagi's hotdog truck," Yusaku stated and the rest nodded.

(Later)

Click click click

"Hmmm, I can't find anything on this The King guy. Looks like he did pop out of nowhere," Kusanagi stated as he typed on the computer.