A lover's sacrifice

Vegas pov

"Long time no see, Mr. Vegas" Don's nasal voice resounded in the basement as his minions dusted a chair for him to sit, adjacent to me..

Some of his men were busy patching up his right-hand man / Antonio's cracked skull with layers of cloth. He seemed butthurt with the scratch that Pete gave him earlier, it seems.

The Afternoon sun was pouring in through windows that lit up the ground tangentially.I would describe my surrounding better, if only I hadn't been tied to the chair, at this moment.

"And this is how you actually wanted to meet me ?" I questioned with sly sincerity.

The deal with this panini - head was a complicated one. Ever since Major family started sending Kinn to step in and try things out as an heir, troubles were springing up.
First Kinn shot one of Don's men in a meeting and later declined a deal which upset Don to no end. And now he was looking for a payback.

Myself being an opportunistic and optimistic person decided to not let this chance go in vain.
The plan was to allow the clearance of an empty consignment of drugs in exchange of a large cheque from the Major mansion's Banks. Since minor family played the middlemen for the narc business, i couldn't help but oblige.

"The deal of delivering an empty consignment of cocaine... Mr. Vegas. when do you mean to act on it ? It has been a long time waiting" Don settled in his seat opposite to me and sighed.

I looked over my shoulder to check if they had moved Pete out of the earshot yet . And surely enough they hadn't.
The kidnappers from earlier were holding him down on his knees with hands still behind his back.
Contrary to his physical unease, Pete was intently looking at Don... probably gathering the scoop of his life

"I never go back on my words Mr. Don..... what's the rush ?" I smiled and hoped for don to shut up.

"ahhh the rush ! there is a rush, Mr. Vegas." His hands flew out in exaggerated manner.

" My boys tell me you have plenty of time... but you'd rather spend it with your lover, frolicking around..."

"and what more .. the lover is one of Kinn's men ?"

Antonio, now well patched, brought forth an ipad to don who directed him to show a picture of me hugging someone outside the major mansion. .... standing next to a bike..

"What's the point of this, Don ?"

Not Porsche, NO not him!!

is he threatening me to hurt Porsche ? Dad will skin me alive if anything happened to porsche...

"Devi stringere la trachea del bastardo.... Mr. Vegas.." He started laughing maniacally

(you gotta get tight on a motherfucker's windpipe)

Am i losing this again ? i can't go back with just a threat, not only to Porsche's life but also my plan to win Porsche away from Kinn. I cant call off the deal with don either..Quick. Think of something. Something-. Anything-

"I have a better deal, Mr. don" the switch was here when i needed it the most. "But i need some room to be able to expand on it" I winked motioning at my tied hands.

"Alright, what's your plan ?" Don sounded bored now, i like it more when he is stupid excited... like a child before you snatch their toys away.

"You won't have to worry about my... lover... I can leave him off as a collateral to you myself, until i get your job done" i allowed a pout to replace my calm features. we must look sad when parting with our loved belongings, I'd heard mum say.