Chapter 1

"We have a surprise for you, Becca," two figures lean against my door. One a beautiful woman with long pitch black hair and beautiful blue eyes and the other, a handsome man with golden blonde-ish brown hair, and sea green eyes. I am proud to call them my parents. "We've adopted! Didn't you say you wanted a big brother?"

A young boy with dirty blonde hair stepped out from behind my mothers legs. He smiled. The boy look about 3 years older then me which made him 8. He introduced himself as Hunter.

"What? I never wished for a big brother...What's going on?" I knew something was up, even if I were still really young. They never answered my question and 3 days later, they died. It was now just Hunter and myself. We had no relatives to go to, we were just orphans now. Technically not even related to one another. But we were the only family we had left.

5 year went by and we were still parentless. We've become thieves and delinquents. "Come on Hunter! Run faster! He's gonna catch you!" I exclaimed as I weaved through market stands and people. I turned around to catch a glimpse behind me. Hunter was lifted up by the collar of his shirt, he strangled high up in the air. His body twitched and jerked around. I didn't know what was going on before people were gasping and Hunter's body went limp. He stopped struggling. He had stopped moving altogether. I just stood there like a complete idiot. Before I knew it, I was lifted up by my collar and strangled.

Flashes of blue and red lights. Sirens. They were the only things left in the world I slept in. The only thing I felt as I laid in pitch, black, darkness was the painful guilt of what I could have done. I could hear a single voice saying "It's all your fault!" My fault. It was my fault. Tears ran down my cheeks and I spoke to myself. "See you in Hell Hunter," and my consciousness left me.

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! I sat up in my bed, the sheets were laid all over the floor. I was sweating. The light of the sun blazed through my bedroom window. I slid off my bed and limped over to my desk. On top sat a little brown box with little lilies lining the outsides. I lifted the lid and inside, it stored a little phone.

I used this phone to connect me to my Guardian Angel. Hunter gave this to me a month before he died.

"Becca. I want you to know that if anything ever happens to me and you're left alone, I want you to open this box. But otherwise, do not open it. I don't think you're Guardian Angel is really ready yet."

"Guardian Angel?"

"Yes. Your Guardian Angels are always watching over you. And so am I but we live in a dangerous place and if something happens to me in which you are left to fend for yourself. I just want you to be prepared and safe," he sighs. "I'm sorry. I'm probably worrying you now. Don't worry. Nothings going to happen to me for a long time. I just wanted you to know that you're always looked after. Not in a creepy way," we laugh.

"Thanks big bro," I smile as I hug him.

It's been 6 years since then and this Guardian Angel has been comforting me. I'm always so depressed and every time I look at the box it makes me want to cry. It was my fault and I can't let it go.

I flipped open my phone.

Message from Guardian Angel. It read. I clicked on it and the text read:

Good morning sunshine! How're you feeling this morning? I have good news. I got you into that school you wanted to go to! I sent you you're uniform and you start today. So get ready so you aren't late! Have fun and tell me everything after school. <3 Guardian Angel.

He seems awfully cheerful this morning. I smile. He's the only thing that's been keeping me living. There were many times where I was this close to an edge or a blade. But he was always there to stop me. Not in person of course, but he was still there in spirit. I trust him. He was my brother's best friend and Hunter said he was a very dependent person.