chapter 27

it was the night of the wednesday premiere, obviously abby and percy were going as each others dates.

a lot of fans had been speculating or hoping that abby and percy didn't move in together. it didn't bother abby that much, they were together and that's what mattered. the fans could think what they wanted to think.

the night was great, they got to reunite with the cast and do a bunch of press for the show as well as watch the show finally.

abby began getting a bunch of notifications from twitter when they got home. a lot of them were just positive feedback from the show but some of them made abby's stomach turn.

some fans began shipping jenna's character with percy's which was fine, they could think what they wanted to think about the show, abby's character did curve percy's character for another guy basically the entire season.

what upset her was the people attacking her online for getting "in between" percy and jenna. percy had to take a bunch of pictures with jenna's character because they had a lot of scenes together in the show so the fans assumed that they were dating and abby was the home wrecker.

abby didn't even have to tell percy about the tweets, he had seen them, he had been getting tagged in the exact same tweets.

"don't listen to them kid" he comforted her

"it's just annoying" she complained

"i know but we can't change the way they think, if it makes you feel any better im getting hate for stealing you from hunter in the show" he assured

"no one even likes hunters character in the show" she groaned "there's like 3 people shipping me with hunter and millions shipping you with jenna"

"i know i'm sorry, let's just turn off our phones and enjoy each others company yeah?" he suggested taking her phone out of her hand and wrapping his arms around her. "this is gonna pass abs don't worry"

——————————

boy was he wrong, as the cast interviews came out more and more people started to ship him with jenna. again, abby wasn't jealous of percy and jenna, she was just hurt that she was getting so much hate.

abby and percy had decided that they would stop posting each other as romantically and as often to see if this helped things at all.

it helped a bit but the fans still speculated and talked and assumed which annoyed abby even more but she knew that it was for the best.

liked by percy and 728,373 others
abbyschafer: star girl

user: u and percy are so cute
user63: im pretty sure they broke up
user83: how do u know?
user63: they both said they're single in an interview
user52: he's dating jenna ortega

jennaortega: beauty queen
user6: aw jenna comments on abby's posts even tho she's dating abbys ex

user6: why did u and percy break up
user8: they're together i think
user00: yeah he likes all of her posts plus i think they live together and own a dog together
user1: no they broke up and they're on good terms
user8: percy literally posted abby on his story 10 minutes ago
user3: FRIENDS CAN POST EACH OTHER!

user6: why did u and percy break up user8: they're together i thinkuser00: yeah he likes all of her posts plus i think they live together and own a dog together user1: no they broke up and they're on good terms user8: percy literally posted abby o...

story replies:
user: are you guys together
user73: why did you guys break up
user0: do you guys live together??
abbyschafer: ❤️‍🔥

*percy has disabled dms from strangers*