Chapter 5

_ . _

Chapter 5

After the pressuring encounter with Erichthonius, Samael was dragged into a luxurious room just one floor away from the young king, who is said to be his soon-to-be husband. The maid finally let go of his arm when they entered the room. They quietly bowed to Samael and spoke in a serene voice, "My Lord, how would you like your bath?"

Samael frowned in bewilderment. "Uh..." He glanced left to right, feeling uncomfortable as he gazed at the luxurious room, and hesitantly answered, "Watery, sweet, with bubbles," referring to the water he always saw in the sea bay bubbling up like fresh beer.

The maids stared at him and nodded silently. "We will prepare your bath quickly. Please feel comfortable, for this is now your permanent room."

Samael's brows were slowly becoming one because of too much confusion in his mind. Wasn't I in the stables long ago? Why am I in this room now? He leisurely sat on a vintage royal sofa and asked, "What happened to the old head maid? I was informed by her that I was to work on the stables."

The maid went silent for a while before answering his question, "The head maid made a grave mistake by insulting His Majesty's wife-to-be. Thus, she was sent to the beast lair to become an appetizer for his Majesty's pets."

"Oh." Samael just slowly nodded and bit his lip. He himself also wanted to slice that old woman's throat, but he's glad he doesn't have to dirty his hands anymore by killing a significant human species.

After his pondering, the white door on the other side of the luxurious room opened, showing the maid with a straight face, followed by the interior of the bathroom revealing from the inside, "My Lord, your bathwater has been set."

Samael went inside quietly. He stared at the bubbling bathwater in the tub; the water radiated a lavender scent that slowly envelops the entire bathroom. While he was busy feeling astonished in the tub, the two maids had already removed his robe. Samael flinched and backed away. "N-No! Let me bathe myself!"

The maids just stared with a poker face and approached him as they spoke, "We cannot let that happen. My Lord must be thoroughly cleaned today because you will be having dinner with his majesty later."

"B-But—"

The other maid glanced at her companion and nodded. "Grab her, Tacia."

"Yes, Sister."

Samael emitted a golden light from his body to resist. He was already embarrassed when he was dragged inside the luxurious room like an abandoned kitten; what more dignity will remain if he is stripped naked by two women?

Samael was about to take a strike, but a golden barrier blocked his energy. Samael hopelessly sighed to himself. It seems that the warning that the two women were wreaking havoc was not even applicable at all. He can't even unleash his power inside the palace of Athens due to Goddess Athena's protection. He can't believe that all he has to do is live like an obedient dog inside the palace. He watched the maids drag him to the bath and scrub the dirt from every part of his body.

For some reason, Samael doesn't want to fight. The feeling of the soapy towel scrubbing onto his body was like clouds brushing onto his skin. He can't also resist the relaxing feeling of the woman massaging his foot and hands. Plus, the sweet fragrance of the oil and the bubbles in the tub gave him the desire to drown in relaxation.