𝟐𝟎. 𝐀 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭.

❝ When you die, the world will celebrate, Mr. Musa Hassan Khan. ❞

The words rang in his ears, his ocean-blue eyes fixed intently on one spot. The moon and stars watched this ruthless mafia figure standing there with no emotions inscribed on his face, his hands tucked inside his pockets.

His inner chaos was known only to God. His heart compelled his mind to replay scenes of her glorious face, the way she had clenched his collar for answers, the way her intoxicating dark gray eyes had shed tears. His heart screamed at him, reminding him how beautiful she was.

❝ You devastated me, Mrs. Khan, and now it's my turn. You are the reason for my nightmares, ❞ he uttered dangerously, ruffling his hair, his ocean-blue eyes darkening in complexion. The intensity of his gaze could make anyone shudder like a leaf in the heavy wind.

Flashback:

❝ Don't—leave me, please, ❞ wept the little boy, gripping a lifeless body close to him. The people around him felt nothing but empathy for the boy as he shook the body, pleading for it to come alive, not to abandon him in this vicious world.

❝ Khafifa, don't leave me, I—I love you, ❞ his ocean-blue eyes flooded with tears, his hiccups and words echoing through the place. The mourners gazed at the little boy with sadness.

The boy caressed the cheeks of the person whose soul had already drifted to the sky. The body lay in a white coffin, and the boy continued to cry over his terrible loss, his tears refusing to cease.

❝ Khafifa left me forever, ❞ the boy muttered in great grief and agony, staring at the body on the floor. As he looked at the people mourning, all he could think of was that his Khafifa had left him forever.

❝ God has it planned, my child, ❞ an elderly woman said as she entered the scene, draped in a white maxi dress, her eyes filled with sadness and the pain of losing her beloved. She held the boy's hand tightly, wiping the tears streaming from his eyes. His features were etched with pain, his heart feeling as though it had ceased to beat.

The boy stared at his grandmother, disbelief written across his face. He was surprised by her strength. How could she remain so calm and have such firm trust in God while all he could do was cry and question why?

Flashback ends.

His blue eyes stared at the moon, a meticulous example of light, as his mind wandered back to memories of someone he had lost—his Khafifa, the light to his darkness. His ocean-blue eyes flared with anger and a torrent of emotions surged through them like a waterfall that would not cease.

Flashback:

❝ I lost Khafifa. It's just memories now, ❞ the twelve-year-old boy muttered, a lone tear streaming down his ocean-blue eyes. His heart gripped with excruciating pain as his mind replayed memories of what he had lost.

An elderly woman caressed the boy's cheeks, wiping his tears with her fingertips. Her heart clenched with emotions of agony and heartache, yet she remained firm in her faith in God.

❝ Hold the memories tight in your palm, my son. That's all you have to cherish, ❞ whispered the woman, capturing the boy's attention. He forced a shattered smile, numb as his mind struggled to process the crucial loss he had just witnessed.

She took the boy in her lap, and he laid his head on it, whimpering as the woman began to narrate the poem she was known for, allowing the four walls to marvel at her grace.

❝ We hold memories too tightly,
Fearing we'll lose what makes us smile.
Memories fade with time,
But some are glued to our minds.
Smile, laughter, pain, and heartbreak,
They're just moments to nurture in life.
We can't hold someone's hand forever,
But memories, we keep for a lifetime.
Sometimes you recall the first touch of love,
Or the time you fell for someone,
Or the one who hurt you deeply.
Memories are all we have.
You sit and stare at the moon,
Admiring how gloriously it shines.
Your mind wanders to that place,
A lane known as memories.
Oh, my dear, it plays in the background,
You feel it,
You share stories with the moon,
As if it doesn't know.
You hold memories of the person you loved to the moon and back,
Even if that person is no longer alive.
Oh, darling, you survive through memories.
In the end, memories are all you possess. ❞

Her words resounded in every corner of Khan's mansion, her eyes gleaming with tears she needed to shed, yet she endured the pain to stay strong for her grandson. The boy just gazed at the woman, unable to express the feelings of his shattered heart that whispered to him, though his ocean-blue eyes screamed what she could read for a moment.

Flashback ends.

Musa Hassan Khan leaned against a nearby wall, squeezing his eyes shut as memories flooded his mind. His heart was engulfed in a pain no soul could fathom, yet here he was, a ruthless mafia boss reflecting no emotion on his handsome face.

Much more was coming his way; every truth would one day be revealed, and every darkness had its light. Lay your trust firmly in God—He is the best of planners. But Musa Hassan Khan had lost hope after his tragic past.

Would Fayra Hassan Khan be able to bring hope back into his life? Could they both mend each other? Or would he demolish her as he had planned? The question remains—what had she done to him to warrant the animosity he offered her day by day?

What is his disastrous past, anyway?

___________________________________