Chapter 9

Sorry had a collage graduation to go to and then had a storm. Busy weekend I will try and fit in three chapters.
ENJOY!

-*-
I am sitting in front of the priest as we discuss the last touches of the visitation and funeral. I tighten my grip on my dad's hand as they say the dreadful words I never thought would come.

"We will put her in her final resting place at 2:00." My dad nodded not having the words strength to say okay. I was in charge of the music. On of the songs was a song my mom sang to me when I was little it was Angels among us. The other song I chose was the so g off Fast and Furious 7 it's called see you again. We stood up and shook hands with Kyle, the priest. My dad and I walked out to the car and drove home.

"Lola wait." I heard my dad call my name. I turned to look at him.

"Yes dad?" I asked in more of a question.

"Um when your mother got in the car accident, and Lance, Janet, and Mike came over they were going to discuss him living with us. His parents are going to Canada for a year because his mom has cancer and they have a good cancer clinic there." I nodded and looked my father in the eye.

"What am I suppose to do dad?" I asked him with tears in my eyes. He got out of the car me following.

"What are you talking about Lola?

"I lost my mom, and you are a firefighter and a business man. You always travel around the world you. The day I get a call saying I lost my dad I am going to loose the little sanity I have left. Dad I don't want to loose you either you are what is keeping me calm right now. When that call comes saying you got burned to death or your plane crashed into a field I don't have anyone. I don't have anyone but a goddamn wall to fall on when I get the news. Daddy I can't loose you, so please promise me every time you have a fire day or night call me and tell me you are going to be safe. Then when you get up either call and wake me up and say you made it back and aren't burned to death. Same with you flight but just call me. Daddy promise me right now you won't be stupied." The words he said next stopped me in my tracks as he looked me dead in the eye an said the dreadful words of that broke me over and over again.

"I can't." My dad said with promise in his voice that he wasn't going to be careful and that he wasn't going to be the man I need him to be I needed him to be my dad. Not the man that' just denied a promise. I hated it my own father couldn't promise me something as simple as that.

"Thanks for once being a father, by doing what you just did you lost your fatherly rights and you lost you baby girl." I spoke harshly. I was done I went inside and grabbed my running close and shoes then I grabbed my head phones and iPhone. I started to walk out of the house but was stopped by my dad.

"I am always your father even if I make that promise or not!" My dad screamed in my face.

"Oh really so a real dad declines a promise so I at least think I have a parent left!"

"You can't tell me what you what to do you fucking whore fucking bitch!" He yelled and then did the unthinkable. He smacked me.

"A real father doesn't slap his daughter!" I yelled anger radiating off me. I once again picked up my bag and turned around so my back was facing my so called dad.

"Thanks for being the dad I once needed but I guess I never had." I said as the tears were rushing down my face. I walked out of the house and towards my car when a hand stopped me.

"Lola are you alright?" Lance asked with worry dripping from his voice. I nodded and tried to walk away from him but he pulled me back.

"Lola look at me." I kept my gaze on the ground and shook my head. I soon felt sparks on my chin as Lance put his thumb and finger on my chin making me look at him.

"Lola what happened?"

"Nothing." I said but my voice came out barely above a whisper.

"Lola." Lance said warningly.

"I need to go." I said to Lance and pulled my arm from his grip. I ran to my car and started it I sped out of the driveway. I went to the track and went into the locker room. I quickly changed and turned on the lights surrounding the stadium. I put my shoes on. I put my arm strap on and put my phone in it putting my head phones in. I got on the starting line. My feet were in place. As soon as I started to run I started my timer. I ran full speed all the way around the track. I stopped my clock and was devastated at what I saw.

Two minutes.

I turned my head phones of and put the head phones around my neck. I felt sparks on my arm as I was turned around to see Lance.

"I need to run faster my time isn't fast enough."

"Lola."

"I have to find away to go faster so I can be on recored I nee-" I was cud off when Lance squished my cheeks with one hand and then kissed me. I was shocked but responded to the kiss. After a few minutes he pulled away breathlessly.

"Stop worrying babe." I looked at him confused.

"Why did you call me babe?"

"Because you are mine and you are my girl. Can I not call my girl babe?"

"But we aren't even dating Lance."

"Yes we are." I smiled and kissed him.

"You get one chance Lance." Then I started laughing.

"Why are you laughing babe."

"Cuz that rhymed. Chance and Lance." I said still laughing. He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Let's get you home and you can worry about Track at Track time."

"Okay."

"Okay baby girl go get changed." My heart swelled when he called my baby girl. I smiled and sprinted up to the locker room. I quickly changed and walked out of the locker room. I went to go get my car but I couldn't find it.

"I took care of your car, it's at your house. You will be riding with me babe."

"Yes sir." I saluted. I laughed as he chased after me. I got in his car and trie to close the door, key word tried. Lance pulled the door open and hovered over me.

"Don't tease me baby girl." Lance said and then kissed me. I carefully grabbed his keys out of his pocket. I put them in my pocket. I smiled against his lips and pushed him away. He looked me deep in the eyes I closed the door and climbed into the drivers side.

"You can't drive you don't have the keys." I smirked before pulling his keys out of my pocket. I swirled them around and put them in the ignition and started the car. I smiled before looking at Lances stars truck face.

"Or did I." I put the car in drive and shifted to drive. I smirked and pushed on the breaks.

"Don't you dare." I sighed and did a quick donut.

"Sorry." I drove home and grabbed my bag from the back seat. I ran upstairs and into my room. I quickly showered and got dressed. I found Lance laying on my bed. I smirked before running and jumping on him. I rolled off of him and laid on my side. Lance wrapped a arm around my waist pulling me close to him. I turned in his arms so I was looking at him.

"Goodnight Lance."

"Night princess." I was starting to fall into a deep sleep when I swear I heard Lance say I love you princess. I didn't care because darkness soon wrapped me up like a blanket.

-*-

I hope you like the romance with Lance and Lola if not I will see what I can do to improve make this better.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED.

-Kierstan💙