| Chapter 26 | pt.2

March 28, 2021

"A-are you saying you regret it Min?" Miyeon asked, worried.

"N-No, absolutely. I was waiting for that moment just to share it with you. It was my first time, but when I woke up... I didn't remember anything, I blamed myself for making such a stupid mistake and I didn't know how to tell you. I wanted to remember our first night forever, but because of this mistake... I don't remember much. Sorry Yeon." said Minnie, lowering her gaze.

Miyeon started to laugh softly and lifted Nicha's face off her chin.

"It's not a problem Min, we'll just have to do it again. That wasn't the last time. We can do it whenever we want and whenever we feel like doing it." Miyeon said, stroking Minnie's face who smiled.

"Actually...I wanted to wait to do that, because I wanted us to completely shut down our past. I wanted to bring you here as soon as we got back from Thailand, but I screwed up my own plans." Minnie said, scratching the back of her head.

"Hey, we can still do this. Where would you like to start from? Slowly we can mend all the wounds together and clear up our past." Miyeon said, as she continued to caress Nicha's face.

"Thank you Yeon." Minnie said, sitting down next to Miyeon and leaving a quick kiss on her lips before starting to talk again.

"Since when do you like me?" Minnie asked as she stroked Miyeon's hand that was on her lap.

"Actually... I'm not sure when I started. Maybe since we first kissed on this low wall? Or maybe even earlier." Miyeon said.

"Then w-why... You and C-Chanyoung...?" Minnie asked.

"I was scared... every time you did something for me or you approached me, my heart started pounding and I didn't understand, every time I repeated to myself 'it's normal between friends, it's normal to hug each other and give each other gifts', but I didn't understand why my heart did that, just for you, so I kept denying my true feelings." Miyeon explained in her soft, calm tone as she tried to remember.

Nicha remained silent and listened, while she continued to stroke her hand.

"On Valentine's Day, when you invited me, I was over the moon, but when I later met Chanyoung, I thought maybe I was starting to have feelings for him too, but I wasn't. When Bambam took you to my house that evening and I had to heal you, the world collapsed on me. I should have come to you and I shouldn't have followed that boy." Miyeon said, shedding a tear, just remembering that night.

"A-at Sana's party you... you asked me if I liked him and I said yes, I really thought that was love, but it wasn't. Then you pushed me towards him and I thought maybe it would be better if I hit on him. So that night I...sorry Min." Miyeon said, crying, but Minnie immediately hugged her.

"Hey, don't worry. It's all in the past now." Minnie said, as Miyeon's head was on her shoulder, her hand holding her girlfriend's hand and her other hand stroking her back.

"That day in the park, for once I wanted to side with him, but I didn't want to argue with you. When you confirmed everything he had told me, my heart was happy but also very scared. So I poured out my fear on you, saying you weren't normal. The thing I regret the most is that I called you 'violent' when I later found out what you were going through. I'm sorry Min, I really don't deserve you." Miyeon said, crying on Minnie's chest who kept stroking her back to calm her down.

"Shh...don't worry, you couldn't have known. Thanks to that quarrel, we had the opportunity to form the women we are now and prepare to welcome each other.
Love involves sacrifices and perhaps we would not have been ready at the time. Even if a small quarrel was enough to divide us, now we are together again, this is what matters, our love today, now, in this moment, will last forever." Minnie said, kissing Miyeon's lips.