Forget Me Not - Pt.5 (HyunHo/MinChan)

A/N : this is the longest I've ever written. Hope you can keep up!
Enjoy
Comments are highly appreciated❤️

~~~~~~~~~~

When Minho woke up, he was still deep in his headspace, his stomach twisting and hurting, eyes stinging and head throbbing. He was confused, feeling uneasy and uncomfortable, wanting to cry every two seconds with his heart sinking at the thought of his caregiver. His mind mercilessly repeated the angry words Chan had said, and fed him the memories of Chan's angry expression, the slap on Minho's hand, and the fact that Chan didn't want to be Minho's caregiver anymore. The boy started shaking, his fingers curling around Hyunjin's shirt as he tried to get even closer to the blonde, rubbing his face into the shirt, throat tightening and threatening to cut his air supply.

Feeling the movements and hearing small whimpers, Hyunjin startled awake and blinked the sleep away before looking down at Minho. He saw him squirming and whimpering, rubbing his face into Hyunjin's chest, struggling to get even closer... It was evident that the little was in distress. Wrapping his arms tighter around Minho's body, Hyunjin pressed a soft kiss on top of the little's head.

"Hey, baby," he whispered. "It's okay, I'm right here. You're okay..." Minho froze and slowly lifted his face to look at Hyunjin who softly smiled at the little and gently stroked his cheek. "Hello, kitten," he said. "Did you sleep well?"

Minho nodded as he slipped his thumb in his mouth and lowered his gaze, looking at his fingers that were playing with Hyunjin's shirt. Hyunjin gently stroked Minho's hair, his hold always strong and tight on the little who pressed his head against Hyunjin's chest. Hyunjin bit his lip, face tensing with worry: Minho had slept for barely half an hour, his eyes were puffy and he was now non-verbal which never happened. He had no idea what had happened before he found Minho sobbing as he sat facing the wall, clearly punished. He also didn't know how the little found out about Chan's intentions, and despite his desire to become the main caregiver, Hyunjin knew he could never take Chan's place. And he didn't want to.

"Do you wanna sleep more, kitten?" He asked.

Minho shook his head, eyes on his fingers playing with Hyunjin's shirt.

"Okay. Are you hungry?"

Again, Minho shook his head.

"You must be thirsty. Let's go to the kitchen to get some water, okay?"

Feeling Minho tense at the words, Hyunjin almost backed away from his suggestion, but then again the little needed to drink water. He gently moved and sat up before getting out of bed and helping Minho out as well. The little gripped Hyunjin's hand and silently followed the man out of the comfort of his bedroom, his thumb never leaving his mouth.

When they arrived in the kitchen, Hyunjin helped Minho sit on a chair at the table and walked away to get a glass of water. Hyunjin hadn't made two steps when Minho got up and followed him, unable to shake the sinking feeling of being abandoned by yet another person he loved so much. He knew he shouldn't be so clingy, it was dangerous, but he didn't think. He just needed Hyunjin- and Chan... he needed Chan. But he wasn't there and he probably wouldn't ever take care of him again. Hyunjin froze when he felt a hand gripping his shirt and when he turned around, his eyes met Minho's teary and scared ones.

"I'm not going anywhere, angel," Hyunjin softly said as he gently pried Minho's hand away before pressing a soft kiss on his knuckles. "I'm just gonna get you some water, okay? I promise I'm not going anywhere."

Minho stared at Hyunjin pleadingly and when the caregiver moved away, the little whimpered, shaking as he remained still in his spot, fighting every single one of his urges to go after Hyunjin, in order to obey the latter. When Hyunjin walked back to Minho and handed him a glass of water, his heart clenched in worry as he saw the little. He gently guided him to sit on a chair and gave him the glass only to take it back when he realised the little's hand was shaking so much he could barely hold the glass.