𝖮𝗇𝖾 : 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨

When Forrest was a little girl she used to love books. Her favourites always being the ones featuring dragons. She loved their strength and their courage and...their ability to fly. And while everyone in their village got along and bonded with the dragons no one could bond with them like Forrest could. She simply had a way with them, they loved her enthusiasm and her energy. Her parents soon learned that they never really had to worry about her for if they couldn't find her they always knew that she'd be safe, wether she be with a terrible terror, gronckle or a deadly nadder they knew that she'd always be protected.

One of her favourite games with the changewings was hide and go seek. And as she grew older to the age of eight she surprised her mother by asking if she could learn to sew. And much to everyone's displeasure (and slight amusement) one of her very first projects was a changewing skin cloak. Of course the skin was never taken without permission, she simply went to visit them in shedding season and took what they didn't want. This was thankfully only a case she went through as a mischievous child but poor Dazed Dante never fully recovered from the time different objects started moving seemingly in midair (he then started shouting about ghosts whenever it happened before it was uncovered who was behind the little pranks).

All in all, Forrest was a very well cared for child. The villagers and the dragons all made sure she was safe and looked after well, wether it be letting her toast bread with their fire or lifting her over puddles with their tails, teaching her safely how to make small objects in the blacksmith store or sitting her on their knee to tell stories of travels over seas, the humans and dragons all took great care to look after their chiefs flaming haired daughter.

And that continued, all the way up to that very unfortunate night. There had been a nasty shipwreck on the shore of Haridly Lake (the lake opened up a fair way down, going out into the vast ocean). Many people went down to help the victims of the horrendous crash, a family of three. They were told that it was safe for them to stay for a while until their bones healed and were well rested. Of course the villages kindness would be their downfall...

∴∵∴ ☩ ∴∵∴

⇵ 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 ⇵

The bond between a dragon and their trainer is an amazing thing. The trust and the loyalty is something that you would never be able to even start to understand without experiencing it. And so when Hiccup Haddock was riding his Night Fury there was something magical there for anyone who was party to it.

"Whaddya think bud, wanna give this another shot?" The twenty year old Viking said, his voice muffled from the helmet that covered his face. The dragon in question growled unhappily, "Toothless! It'll be fine!" The rider tried to assure him, before unlatching himself from the saddle and messing with the settings for the dragons prosthetic tail-fin. "Ready?"

And with that he slid sideways off the saddle with a yell of joy, plummeting toward the ocean below them. The dragon followed, keeping a safe distance just in case. As the waters below became visible through the clouds Hiccup slid his fists into the loops attached to his trousers and pulled his arms out, and out came a pair of wings. He and Toothless, gliding through the sky together. Nothing could be more perfect.

"This is amazing!" ...and then an island of rocks came into view. "No longer amazing, Toothless!" His friend tried his hardest, flapping his wings as hard as he could to try and catch up but to no avail. His prosthetic tail fin meant that he wasn't able to fly properly by himself, it was slowing him down. Just as his rider was about to go smashing into the great pile of rocks he sent a blast, blowing them apart before wrapping himself around the boy and going through the explosion. Together they rolled onto the island just across, which thankfully had grass to soften their fall slightly.