Chapter 10

Harmony POV

I was talking with Bryan and Dylan then Jonathan, my uncle's old friend/Amber's uncle, comes and gives the most devastating news. Amber runs away. But why in the world would she choose to run away? She was in a car accident just yesterday, Joe was ready to take her in as his daughter, but she decided to run away. Out of all situations she chose this as an option to run away. She had like the worse family ever but she stayed but the second someone wants to take her and raise her the right way for the remaining year or two as a minor she runs away. Questions began running through my head.

" Did she enjoy being tortured?"

"Did she hate being cared for?"

"Did she hate us?"

"Did she want to be left alone to rot?"

" Or was she scared to enter a new home with people she knew for awhile?"

But what was in my head was how was it possible? She has amnesia and a broken leg. How was she able to run away? She was clueless of her own identity and where she came from. She couldn't remember a thing and her legs weren't able to support her as what the doctor said.

Harmony: how was she able to run away? She has legs that won't support her and amnesia.

Jonathan: the whole amnesia thing well I'm guessing was a fake. When I went to see her, she knew me. She remembered everything.

Dylan: what about her legs?

Jonathan: the doctors tested that out before we left and said she was fine. They said they made her do some exercise yesterday night and it worked perfectly fine. Because it wasn't a big deal on the leg it wasn't gonna take long for her to heal. All she had were some bruises on her legs which would hurt for about a week and that's the major thing. Since the car stopped a bit before hitting her all it did was push her and that's it.

Joe: but how could she run away if you saw her?

Jonathan: well I sorta stepped out the car to get some gas. When I went into the store to pay for the gas she must've ran away.

Harmony: so she was alone in the car?

Jonathan: yeah.

Joe: But why would she run away? I was gonna take her and she was gonna leave that thing she called a "home."

Harmony: well she calls it her hell.

Joe: yeah whatever but why did she run away?

Jonathan: we don't know.

Harmony: you should cause she's your niece.

Jonathan: it's not like I'm in her head and know what's going on.

Bryan: alright arguing isn't gonna make it better. Amber ran away and we don't know where she is.

Dylan: are you sure she ran away? She probably was kidnapped.

Harmony: that makes things worse.

Dylan: but it's true.

Joe: I really hope she just ran away. Jon was there anyone who looked suspicious and could've taken her.

Jonathan: yeah like there was this guy two tanks away from us but I didn't think he would do anything since I wasn't gonna be gone long.

Joe: so chances are that she might be kidnapped or she ran away.

Bryan: if she's gone then why are we still here trying to figure out what happened to her instead of notifying the police about this situation.

Joe: Bryan is right. I'm gonna call them right now.