Chapter 5

The bell rings, and everyone starts packing up and leaving. Chattering starts again.

"Let's go to the PC Room," the overly excited male student gathers his friends in the class.

"Let's go eat tteokbokki (Spicy Rice Cakes)," some of the girls leave with their friends.

The joy in the classroom fills up like a night market, overpowering everything that happened.

Class President Min Jae gets invited by Seok Yun to the library to study. Min Jae smiles to him and nods his head. They leave together.

Everyone starts leaving and Ah In starts zipping up his bag while Jin Hee looks out the window with her chin on her palm. She seems melancholic in Ah In's point of view. He zips his bag and stands up, "Hey, I'm going ahead first. Thanks for letting me borrow your book."

"I don't care," she flicks her hand to signal him to leave. "Just Leave and Get Lost."

"Okay. Have a good rest of your day to you, too," he replies. She looks at him in disgust and turns away to look at the window.

As he walks to leave, he halts and looks back to Jin Hee who is still looking at the window. After a moment, he continues to walk and leaves through the door.

So as we thought. However, he secretly hides and spies on her by the door.

After she hears Ah In leaving, she looks at his desk and start caressing it. She lies her head down on her own desk and tears start to fall like silent waterfalls, "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, Mi Ji."

Ah In looks at her pitifully as if he wants to go and comfort her, but he can't. He continues spying at Jin Hee who is still silently crying and talking.

"Mi Ji, I miss you," she cries. After a moment, she wipes her face and starts zipping up her bag, and stands up. She makes her way to the door, but, like Ah In, she looks back. She flicks her long hair and fixes herself by wiping more of her tears.

Then, she proceeds to the door to leave. When she is about to leave Ah In runs away and hides somewhere else.

By the door, she closes her eyes and breathes in and out.

"I know you're fucking spying on me. Come out," she calls out without looking left or right by the door. Eventually, Ah In comes out from his hiding.

He nervously cracks a smile like a child getting caught doing something bad, "Hi, Jin Hee. Lovely weather we have here. Hehe."

"What the fuck are you doing?" her annoyance reaches its peak again.

"Nothing," Ah In looks at her with quivering eyes. "By the way, what happened? Are you okay?"

She avoids his question and starts walking away. Ah In grabs her wrist.

"Let go!" she exclaims. She faces him with a teary, puffed eyes while glaring. "Fucking Let go of me or I'm going to report you for harassment!"

"Are you alright?" he asks again for the second time.

"Just pretend you didn't see anything," she says softly while Ah In let go of her wrist.

She starts walking away and thinks, "It's better for you if you don't know."

Jin Hee walks away with her back turned away from Ah In. Her hair flows with her walk. Ah In is left there with worry in his eyes as he continues looking at Jin Hee who is walking. Along with worriedness, he is also confused.

He keeps thinking, "What happened to her?"

He tilts his head and starts walking towards the same direction as Jin Hee.