chapter 3

"For Christ sakes! Sit down! I'm not the Queen or anything." I laughed as I walked further into the room earning laughs from my friends.

"Kind of hard when it's protocol Bay!" Justin, my best friend, said. "Shut up!" I laughed motioning them to sit.

"Thank you all for coming." I said softly. "This is my last day as a free person so I wanted to bring in the day by sharing it with you guys!" I smiled.

"My uni friends have seen me through being a young Royal to serving in the Navy to now so I thank you guys immensely for making it on such short notice." I nodded to the group who smiled right back at me.

"Theo, my little brother I know we'll make Baelon and Papa proud. Thank you for always having my back baby bro. I love you to the ends of the earth." I winked at my brother who tapped his chest.

"My beautiful little sister." I turned to Genora. "I want you to know that if no one else says it, I'm immensely proud of you and everything you will accomplish. I'll have your back always. I love you my little G." I said. Genora smiled nodding her head.

"Justin, Sabrina. Thank you guys for everything and I mean everything. Your friendships are not lost on me. I love you guys and thank you for always being there." My two friends smiled at me gratefully. Sabrina sending me a wink as she took a sip of her drink.

"Alright now that that's over, let's party!" I laughed downing my drink in celebration.

//

"Good morning, Your Majesty!" The curtains of my room were yanked open making me squint. "Close those curtains right now!" I groaned. "No can do, you have a meeting with the Prime Minister but first you have breakfast with the family. I'm sure the Queen Mother has a lot to say about your party last night that might be the culprit for your hangover my Queen." Marcus, my assistant, smirked.

"Cheeky." I rolled my eyes sitting up. "Please tell me you have headache medicine?" I rubbed my temples to try to alleviate the pain. "Of course, are you aware that I was also your assistant during your uni years." He joked placing two aleves in my hand.

"Thank you Marcus." I said grabbing the glass of water "I'm going to go shower then I'll be down."  I thanked him quietly before I started my morning routine.

"There she is." Theo smirked. "Shut up T." I rubbed my forehead as I walked in.

"Sit child." My mothers sharp voice cut through our banter.

I sighed sitting down at the head of the table.

"Do you take this position as a joke?" She spoke steely. "No, I respect the position." I answered just as serious. "But I do believe that I am allowed to have a little fun. I am only 25 come on." I smirked at her.

"Baylor, I will tell you one time and let this be the last time." She breathed deeply, clenching her jaw so that her vein was visible on her forehead.

"Do not ruin our family name with your childish antics!" She yelled. I chuckled making my Nan smirk subtly.

"Nobody knew about the party except my uni friends who you already vetted. And if I have to speak I would say I'm the bad influence, not the other way around." I waved her off accepting the plate of French toast and turkey bacon Fernando set in front of me.

"Thank you chef." I smiled at him. He nodded excusing himself after.

"After today no more partying!" She snapped. "Need I remind you that you don't live here anymore? So I can do with my house what I want." I rose my eyebrow.

I heard my sister snicker as I started to eat. My Nan throwing me a thumbs up behind my mothers back making me smile softly.

"While that is the predicament. Charles will inform me of anything going on here!" She said. "No he will not, he will be with you in Cambridge. His things are already packed and ready to leave with you." I smiled at her mischievously.