2.2} Shelter & Resorces

☄. *. ⋆ "Humour is good for the soul." ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Y/N's POV ༻¨*:·.

The next morning I wake up due to Bumpy shrieking and Ben screaming causing me to wake with a jolt and hitting my arm. Talk about a painful morning.

"What! What is it!" I yell jumping up. I look around seeing nothing before looking at a sheepish Ben.

"Uh, sorry Y/N. Bumpy ended up scaring me." I sigh as I help him up.

"It's fine. But that's what no sleep gets you. Should've taken your own advice." I told him seeing how tired he looked.

"Hey, there were a lot of scary noises. I'm surprised you stayed asleep." Ben crosses his arms as he faces Bumpy who is eating a few leaves. Just then both our stomachs had grumbled.

"Oh, let's follow Bumpy, she might lead us to something to eat like berries." I say as we both go after the small Ankylosaurus.

"How are you so sure?" I shrug. I hear him whimper a bit as he looks around our surroundings.

"The Ankylosaurus love berries as a snack. Whenever I visited and my uncle let me get close to them I usually fed them berries." I then pointed to Bumpy who was eating some red berries. "Ta-da." I smile.

He picks up one of the blue berries and before he could try it I swat it out of his hand. "Not those ones."

"Why not. Oh, oh no, I almost ate a poisoned berry, didn't I?" He asks as I shake my head.

"Not exactly... they'd make you sick though." We then eat a few of the red berries before seeing Bumpy walk off again.

"Wait! But we're right here... okay." Ben sighs as he gets up. "Let's go Y/N." Ben starts to follow Bumpy.

"But..." I take a few berries with me in a leaf for Ben and I to eat as we follow Bumpy, him basically dragging me. "The difficulties of being dino parents." I jokingly sigh as Ben raises a brow at me.

"Humour is good for the soul." I smile. "Oh look, a river." I point out as Bumpy hops onto a rock in the middle of the river and starts drinking.

"Yeah... I'm pretty thirsty too." He bends down to look at the water with me beside him. "Are you sure this is safe to drink?" He looks at Bumpy who continues to drink before he looks towards me. "Y/N?"

"It should be? The water isn't polluted or anything..." I shrug as I decide to check the water. "I think we'll trust Bumpy with this." I tell him as I scoop water with my good hand to taste it.

"Okay, we're trusting you." Ben says as he scoops the water also. As we both taste the water at the same time our eyes widen as we take more sips. The cool liquid going down my throat felt nice after not having a drink for a while.

Ben then lets out a scream falling into the river bringing me with him as I tried to catch him. Ignoring the slight pain in my arm I lift my head above water as Ben does the same.

"What was it? Are you okay?" I looked to where he was looking to not see anything.

"Yeah...I'm fine. Just spooked by a dinosaur." He gets up helping me up as well as we leave the river.

"It's alright. Hopefully it won't be long for help to come. That is, considering that the others left on the ferry." I tell him as I sit on the fallen tree to get the sun to dry me and my clothes.

"They probably think we're gone..." Ben says as he sits beside me on the fallen tree.

"Never give up. They'd still send people to check anyway. As long as we have hope we can survive. Besides now we can get to know each other better. You're stuck with me now, so you're gonna need all the luck you can get." I say as I put my good arm around his shoulder to try and cheer him up which only works a bit as he lets out a weak chuckle.