5.9} Rescuing Bumpy

☄. *. ⋆ "You guys messed with the wrong fam." ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Y/N's POV ༻¨*:·.

Ben and I run through the jungle, stopping at nothing to try and get to Bumpy. Ignoring our friends that call out to us.

"Ben, Y/N, slow down. We won't get Bumpy back without a plan." I hear Darius whisper, shout.

"We'll make one." I answer. We stop using the bushes and trees to hide ourselves. Heading for the warehouse we see my mum, uncle Daniel, Kenji, a random hunter and at the sight of Hawkes I frown.

"No way." Ben gasps seeing Hawkes,

"No surprise there." I scoff. We quickly hide behind the tree beside us as Hawkes turns around.

After a few seconds we peek to see he isn't looking anymore. Darius, Luca and Brooklynn catch up and sit beside us.

"Find her?" Brooklynn asks us.

"No. But we found Kenji and his new best friend." Ben says. They look to see Hawkes, Kenji and another guy standing guard by the warehouse door.

"Hawkes?" Brooklynn gasps.

"Mr. Kon and Mrs. L/N are exactly the type of guys to work with a jerk like Hawkes." Darius frowns.

"Of course he works with our family." Luca rolls his eyes. Sammy and Yaz then join us.

"Yeah, but who expected Kenji to be?" Brooklynn says.

"Has no choice. Even if he said anything our parents wouldn't even care." I informed her.

"Well, at least they'll be mad when they see the control chips are gone." Brooklynn adds.

"And Brooklynn deleted the blueprints. As well as Y/N destroying anything else important." Darius says as I can only just think of how mad they'll be at that one. I'm so grounded for life.

"How are they gonna sell their tech to BioSyn now?" Darius adds, giving Brooklynn and I a smile. I just nod, not taking my eyes off Kenji. He's no longer in the suit and his face has guilt written all over it.

Since I grew up with him and Luca I could always read their emotions better than anyone else. I hoped that Kenji actually found out how awful our parents are and how they've been lying.

"Shh." Ben shushes then pointing back to Kenji seeing that my mum and uncle Daniel are leaving the warehouse.

"Why do they're mad faces look so calm?" Ben questions.

"Never show your true emotions." I quote from remembering my mum giving me tips.

"That and they think they still have the backup information." Luca adds.

"So?" Hawkes asks.

"The chips are gone, and the workshop is trashed." Uncle Daniel tells them.

"By the earthquake?" Kenji asks.

"And your cousins and those children." My mum answers him.

"Okay, so what, we don't get paid?" Hawkes asks them.

"A member of the Kon family always thinks ahead." Uncle Daniel says.

"There's a backup of the chip's schematics. It's on a flash drive hidden in the jaw of one of those BRADXs." My mum informed them. "Knowing Y/N doing something similar before, we had two back ups so it wasn't just on the computers." She then adds.