The Gods Sneak In (Part 2)

Kurama Compound/Third person POV:

"Brother! Please! Just one more chance!" a young tengu pleaded as he pounded on the door.

"I am sorry, Fumimaru. We can't have any feeble tengu in the Hall. That's Master Jiro's policy. Live outside or descend the mountain and make your life there." An elder tengu explained as he closed the door in the young boy's face.

Inside---------

"First, Brother Usa, and now, Brother Fumi... He was so kind too..." the black hair tengu, from Melody and Nanami's walk earlier, spoke as he cried.

"Don't cry, Chiyomaru." the ponytail boy said. "If they catch you crying, they'll throw you out, too. Once we grow up, we'll be culled mercilessly, too. It wasn't like this when the Third was well."

"Once I turn eight, I'll be banished for sure, too!" Chiyomaru said panicked.

"It'll be okay, Brother." the youngest said calmly. The two looked to him as he continued, "The Third will regain his health in no time. That's what the Great Goddess and Celestial Nymph sisters said, so it'll be okay." He thought back to the scenery with Nanami smiling and Melody playing her flute, cherry blossom petals floating around them. "Our sisters! Our sisters made the eternal cherry blossom tree bloom! So pretty. And warm. Just thinking of them makes me smile. and then I don't feel sad anymore."

The image fades to Jiro, who is staring at his hand, while blushing. He looks up in front of him, at the statue of Melody, made out of white marble. The statue was her in a long kimono sitting with a crow perched on her hand. Her hair free, her bands cover her eyes, and a gentle smile on her face. It was surrounded by the fines silks and bead works the tengu made. Jiro was making his daily prayer to Melody's Shrine made was made many years ago, before she was born.

"Master Jiro." I voice broke his train of thought, he closed his hand and looked away from the statue. "I hear that you lost another tengu child. This place has become awfully lonely, hasn't it?" Yatori asked.

"Those without strength and those weak of spirit are not welcome here. Only strong tengu will be chosen to remain here." Jiro said as he looked at Yatori. "Never mind that, there should be a barrier cast upon this sanctum. Where did you worm your way in? And you dare enter this Worshiping Hall of the Great Goddess with no offering?"

Jiro had set a bowl of the fines fruits the compound could offer at the statue's feet.

"Yes, yes, about that barrier. There were holes everywhere. What happened? That is so unlike you. A barrier in disarray is a heart and mind in disarray. Perhaps your heart and mind are in a bit of disarray, Master Jiro." Yatori said as he set a gold and silver necklace beside the bowl of fruit.

Jiro's eyes widened. He stomped his foot on the floor, producing a golden light. It then surrounded the compound and disappeared. He had increased the barrier's strength and powers.

"Ah! A superbly laid barrier! I would expect no less of you, Master Jiro!" Yatori said excitedly as he blushed.

Jiro then grabbed his face. Jiro face was painted in anger as he asked, "You dare say my heart and mind are in disarray?!And especially in front of the Great Goddess' scared shrine, none the less!"

"I would never! That would be absurd!" Yatori muffled out.

"Of course, it is! Be gone." Jiro said and tossed Yatori out.

My spirit is as strong as steel and nothing can shake it. He thought back to Nanami. Curse that woman! This was her doing! His eyes grew foggy. I have to find out who she is.