Chapter Three

"For Demeowcia!!!" Lux shouts and pounces at Powder from the top of the cupboard, while the blue cat feigns defeat.

"Oh noooo, my evil plans are ruined!" Powder meows back, rolling over and showing her belly to Lux.

Then, suddenly, Lux starts licking her and Powder freezes. If she could blush, she would probably blush beyond belief. "L-Luxie?"

"Sorry!" Lux meows and stops licking. "I thought we were..." Then suddenly the white cat mewls and runs out of the living room.

Powder gives chase, because she's been looking forward to this conversation. During those months that Caitlyn has been visiting, Powder and Lux have grown to be very close friends. And Powder, for better or for worse, has developed a giant crush on the radiant cat.

Powder catches up to Lux in the kitchen, where the white cat is sitting on the countertop near her human, who has the goofiest expression on her stupid face, making lovey-dovey eyes at Powder's dumb human.

"Lux, we need to talk!" Powder meows confidently, even as her heart is racing.

"Aww does little Pow-Pow want some food?" Vi coos immediately from her spot at the countertop, where she's holding Caitlyn's hand lovingly, rubbing circles into her palm with her thumb.

(If Powder had opposable thumbs, she wouldn't need Vi in the first place.)

"Why do you always suggest food when I want to talk?" Powder meows indignantly.

"Aww maybe Pow-Pow wants her little toy?"

"I'm not even talking to you, you moron!" Powder meows and turns to Lux, who is hiding in her human's armpit. "Luxie, I like you!"

Then, suddenly, Lux frees her face and looks at the blue cat incredulously. "What?"

"I like you, Luxie," Powder reiterates. "Every time you're with me, my heart is on fire. Every time we play together, I want to lick you and sniff you and have a family with you! I want to be your mate, Lux!"

"I want to be your mate too, Powder!" Lux exclaims and jumps off the countertop, licking her friend (girlfriend!!!) all over and nuzzling her tenderly. "I like you too!"

"Aww, they're probably talking about mice and toys!" Vi coos, watching the two cats exchanging loving gestures.

Caitlyn laughs and sighs. "Sometimes, I wish we could understand their language."

"Me too, Cait," Vi kisses her girlfriend's knuckles lovingly. "Me too."