CHAPTER - 1 NEXT CM??!!

It has been 5 days Vishal died in an accident. Abhimanyu had a hunch that it was a murder but he had to wait until Vinod opens his eyes. The police did their investigation but of no use. They declared it as an accident.

1000s of people came to take a last look of their beloved Chief Minister. 100s of VIPs, Chief Ministers of other states, Business associates and rivals, Political associates and rivals of Roys who didn't want to be in bad books of Abhimanyu, every one came.

People flow is continuously there in Roy house. Abhimanyu increased the security 10 times. Devansh was completely house arrested. A media reporter dared to approach him and asked him inappropriate questions. Abhimanyu blasted off the security and ordered Devansh not to come out till he says so.

The party people were in the discussions of whom to make the next Chief Minister.

 A) Ajay Kumar, right hand of Vishal in party who is presently the current Affairs Minister.

B) Abhimanyu Vardhaan Roy

C) Mahima Roy Mukherjee

These are the three names mostly heard. Ajay Kumar always wanted to become the next Chief Minister. As much as he knew, Abhimanyu was never interested in Politics. As far as Mahima is concerned, the ministers would prefer male than a female any day to rule them. And he also knew about bitter relationship between Roys and Mahima. He was pretty sure that he is going to be the next CM.

Mahima Roy Mukherjee knew that Ajay Kumar will be the tough competition for her. She being a woman will be a disadvantage. But Mahima is a hard-core feminist (She says so). She is not the one to give up. She just has to make Abhimanyu talk in her favour. She knew no one will go against his word.  

No one knows what is going on in Abhimanyu's mind. But his family members were sure neither Ajay nor Mahima would have his support.

Abhimanyu was in his study lost in his thoughts. Akshara came to call her husband for the dinner. It has been 5 days family ate together. Everyone was being aloof. Her brother in laws were acting as if nothing happened. She couldn't blame them because they never had any attachment with their father since childhood. When he wanted to grow a bond, the sons were not ready for any relationship with him. The most affected was her husband. She knew what her father-in-law meant to her husband. He didn't even get time to grieve over his father's death. He had to handle all the mess.

Akshara slowly approached him closing the door and touched his shoulder. Abhimanyu looked up startled. He saw his wife. She looked exhausted. Their father's death was taking a toll on her health. This couldn't be going like this.

Akshara – Ro lijiye, Abhi. Don't keep it bottled. Just cry for your loss.

That sentence undid Abhimanyu. He tried so hard to stay strong but he failed. He hugged his wife in midriff and cried his heart out. Akshara just kept holding him. Her husband didn't need any words. He just needed a shoulder to cry. She was glad to become that. she went through that pain when her father died. She knew how it is to lose the person who was your role model.

After 20 minutes, Abhimanyu was feeling better.

Abhimanyu – Sab ne khana khaliya?

Akshara shook her head. Her brother in laws were sad not because their father died. It is because their bhaiyya wouldn't cope up with the loss.

Abhimanyu sighed – Sab ko bulao. We will have dinner together. I will make some desert for them.

Akshara smiled. That was her husband who always put his family before him.