Chapter Three

Archalus was standing there next to a very nervous looking girl, about Gina's age. Maybe 16 or 17? She had long, raven colored hair done in loose ringlets and waves, and pale freckled skin, as well as a uniform like the ones Gina and Locus were wearing. Everything about her just seemed... skittish. Nervous. On-edge.

"Hello." She said, very quietly. "My name is Cecil Boa. Wh—who are you?" Gina and Locus introduced themselves, and for some reason Cecil seemed almost scared of... something? Archalus stepped to the podium and cleared his throat, then spoke.

"Would everyone please take a seat?" Once everyone was seated he smiled and began talking. "Welcome to Archalus Academy! My name is Archalus David, and I started this institution with the sole intent of finding and training those who are not afraid of the truth. All of you are capable of developing magical powers. Some already have." Cecil squirmed a little in her seat. "You will be trained and educated on the truth, and you will join the rebellion with several others to bring down the twisted, dystopian dictatorship of our world!" Gina was suddenly startled. Rebellion? Locus looked at her and nodded, then turned back around. She hadn't known anything about rebellion. She raised her hand.

"Sir, my invitation didn't say anything about a rebellion. I just came here for answers." A ghost of a smile edged up Archalus's face.

"You, Gina, you are a special case. A special case indeed. I understand that unlike your fellow students, you have not developed and ability? How strange. I would have thought you had by now, but I may have been mistaken." This only confused Gina more.

"What are you saying?" She stood from her seat, an uneasy feeling building in her stomach.

"I'm saying, Gina, that with your tweaked genomes, you should have developed an ability by now."

Tweaked genomes? Magical powers? What's Cecil hiding? And most importantly, WHEN DO WE GET A PET???