Movie Frights & Coffee Delights

Zed

Blowing out a breath, my fingers tightened around the bar before bringing it back down to my chest. Another deep breath and I was pushing it back up before releasing that breath as I lifted the bar above the rack yet again.

Music was blasting through my headphones, a lot of things running around in my mind as I tried to push my body to max out.

However I was quickly distracted as I saw my little sister pop her head into my view. Quickly  slamming the bar back into the rack before it tumbled down on top of me.

Blowing out an annoyed breath, I quickly sat up trying my best to keep my cool as I tore off my headphones.

"Zoey! How many times have—"

"—you have a visitor.." She rolled her eyes, a smirk too familiar to his own on her lips as she nodded her head towards the door.

"My bad.." Auden quietly breathed out, he didn't miss the way her eyes were obviously checking him out.

"...hi." Mentally cursing at myself for how un-smooth that was but to be fair it was noon on a Tuesday. I wasn't expecting anyone to come around.

"Sorry I didn't realized you'd be busy.." Auden desperately tried to look anywhere but my chest as Zoey walked past her and back up the stairs.

"Contrary to popular belief I still do in fact have a life.." Amusement was clear in my voice and my eyes as I brought my water to squirt it into my mouth. Mentally fist pumping for wearing nothing but gray sweats. Obviously I paid attention to what girls liked on me.

"Clearly." Her tone was flat but I could see her fighting a smile.

"So what do I owe the pleasure?" It had been almost a week since they had last seen each other. Football summer training was starting to reach that brutal point and he'd picked up a couple extra shifts at The Bean. Trying to pull in as much as cash as he could before school starts back up and caused him to cut back his hours.

"Oh right.. Um.. I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies?" Her cheeks flushed as soon as the question left her lips and a cocky smirk lifted mine up.

"You want to take me on a date princess?" A scoff left her lips but she didn't back down.

"Friends can go to the movies.."

"Lacey and Stacey busy?"

"....they won't go because it's a horror movie." She mumbled lowly before shrugging her shoulders. "So you were kind of my last hope."

"Wow.." Standing up, I noticed the way she backed up. Almost like she was afraid to be too close.

"What movie?" Her eyes widened clearly not expecting me ask. I walked into my tiny bathroom, turning the shower on while I waited for her reply.

"Uh... t-til death I—I'm sorry I can like leave if your trying to shower?" I couldn't help but laugh as she became more uncomfortable. "I was going to shut the door.. Unless you wanted to join?"

".. I think I liked it better when you tried avoiding me.." Auden mumbled before shaking her head. Grabbing my clothes from my dresser I looked back at her.
"Til death do us part?  I'm in, I'll be ready in like fifteen? You can chill in here if you want." With a wink, I didn't wait for her reply quickly closing the door before I started stripping,