7. " The fact that you're not Believing me hurts so much"

"Let me drop you off"

"Okay"

Jungil was optimistic about their future and what it would hold for them. The moment she said she'd give them a try, he wanted to take her everywhere and anywhere but, he needed to take it slow.

They teleported to the headquarters of Jumadeung and found themselves in an empty lobby.

At jumadeung, there was always someone working, as their jobs were to handle people who'd died.

For the most part, Ryeon didn't get as many breaks as her team only consisted of 2 people, excluding Joon-Woong, a temporary member of the team.

There would be days where she couldn't sleep for days on end and there was nothing she could do about it; she had a job to do. But despite Jungil having many more members in his team, he also shared the same problem; but for a different reason.

He always had nightmares of a woman from his past and that would never let him sleep, but now he's found her, and she's right in front of him.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

Ryeon looked at him with a look of confusion

"You're going to sleep? But I thought you couldn't.. because of your nightmares.

With a soft chuckle, he pulled Ryeon in and wrapped his arms around her shoulders

"I don't think I'll have a problem with any nightmares from now on"

Ryeon's arm stayed next to her body but just as she started to move them up to timidly wrap them around Jungil, he pulled back

He looked at her with a satisfied look and turned around to walk to his sleeping quarters

Ryeon stood there with an ambiguous look on her face as she started to pick on her left elbow as if she was unsure about something. She decided to call it a night and head to her room.

She took her shoes off and walked into the bathroom. Her face looked flushed and her eyes look tired

"I need to shower"

She turned the shower head on and slowly stepped her foot in to make sure it was the right warmth. When she felt the temperature was satisfactory, she hopped in and let the water wash everything away.

10 minutes turned to 20, turned to 30, eventually making her showering time a full hour.

She was laying her head on the wall as the water cascaded down her back. She realized that she craved the hot water because she didn't have any other warmth in her life.

"Or am I just reading into it too much.."

She closed the water and stepped out of the shower. She wrapped her pre-heated towel around herself and finished getting ready for bed.

She walked out of the bathroom with a towel on her head and a matching set of pajamas. She turned the lights off, opened the closet door, and plugged in her humidifier; she couldn't sleep without a source of light on.

As she settled herself under the covers, she pulled out her phone to see how the subject's percentages were doing and saw that someone's percentage was reaching a place that could be dangerous.

So she sent a quick text to Ryun-Gu to monitor the subject and that she'll be in the office the next morning.

~

The next morning, Ryeon was bombarded with messages from Ryun-Gu regarding the subject she was worried about.

Ryun-Gu