16. "How do I help You?"

Finding their way up to the balcony to sit in the outdoor dining hall, Ryeon and Jungil spend the whole walking trip talking about their days, highlighting any and all of the new things that happened; Jungil being more of the listener than the talker as he stayed in his room for the most part.

"I got into the office and saw two subjects today. The second one was a bit more difficult to get through to but we did it." Jungil tried to keep his eyes on her as they walked up the stairs that twisted like a rope, making it very difficult for him to do so.

"That's good, Ryeon," He said, staring down at each stair, trying to avoid a misstep. Ryeon who was walking in front of him let out a sigh of what seemed to be a mixture of relief and worry. "What's wrong?" Jungil asked, already being able to read her mood despite facing her back.

"Nothing... I was just thinking about how different things are now." Ryeon replied, not needing to elaborate as Jungil knew exactly what she meant. The both of were still in a way unfamiliar with the people they were now. Especially Jungil.

Both Ryeon and Jungil rarely talked about how the old Jungil treated Ryeon, it was too big of a wound, for the both of them. So when Ryeon spoke about him, indirectly of course, Jungil was a bit stunned.

Letting her words float in the chilly air that surrounded them, Jungil could only hum in agreement, not wanting to start a conversation about a person he no longer was. "Oh wow" They both let out as they reached the dining area. Moving past the mood that was painfully awkward as it was unwanted. Jungil aligned his shoulders back and guided Ryeon with his palm on her waist.

The whole place was decorated with Christmas lights that shared the same hue of a sparkling sepia, topped with a huge neon light, hung at the entrance, reading 'Jumadeung Lounge'; A perfect name for the perfect scenery. Finding the smell of vanilla cashmere engulf the air that they breathed, both Ryeon and Jungil inhaled deeply, seeking to find a fix to the lingering sensation of what could only be described as hurt.

"Oh my" Ryeon breathed as she turned to her side and stared at the city line, a sight that could only be seen from the heights they were. Jungil turned to follow Ryeon's phrase of astonishment and was equally surprised. From where they were standing, the full moon was sitting right in the middle of the sky, as the busy city full of buildings and cars lit up the earth's surface, resembling a painting of some sort.

Jaw hanging wide open as he stared at the skyline, he turned to look at Ryeon, realizing he had two sceneries in front of him. His mouth closed and formed a small smile, content with where he was and who he was with. "Beautiful" he whispered, making Ryeon turn around and look at him.

Wanting to quickly nod in agreement and turn back around to face the skyline, Jungil stared into her eyes, signaling that the skyline wasn't the only thing that he was talking about. Unbeknownst to Ryeon, her cheeks formed a blush and Jungil chuckled at her reaction. Looking down in bashfulness, she quietly told him they should sit down and eat.

Following Ryeon as she found a table that faced the skyline, they sat down on opposite ends and began to eat, chatting here and there as they stared to their left to gaze at the scenery; Eventually Sitting in silence while soft hums of enjoyment regarding their meal accompanied their surroundings.

Looking up and repeatedly stealing glances at Jungil, she hesitantly replied to Jungil's earlier comment about how bright and loud everything is when coming back from hell, but the thing is that Ryeon didn't necessarily 'come back' from hell, she was given a chance. Making the whole conversation awkward.

"Yeah," Ryeon mumbled, not wanting to start a sentence that had no way of finishing. Quickly looking down at her food, she awkwardly shifted in her seat, trying her best to act like a word never left her mouth.