I

Once there was a world where there were many gods. There were three main gods that ruled the pacific worlds. They were Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. They ruled Atlantis after they overthrew their father Cronus. Zeus was the god of the heavens, Poseidon of the sea, and Hades of the underworld. After years of being treated as the underdog, Hades decided he wanted to be the profound leader of the entire world. Zeus and Poseidon decided to put together a group of superhumans to help defeat Hades. It all starts with a girl named Genna who lived in California. She lived with her mother. Tomorrow she will be going back to school. Summer break is over. Genna was 16 and she didn't have many friends except for her two best friends Kaya and Jayden. Genna and Jayden had been friends since pre-k. They met Kaya in 2nd grade and made a pact to always be friends no matter what. Genna stared at the ceiling as she woke up. Her eyes were hurting and she didn't feel like getting up. She closed her eyes and got out of bed slowly.               

         She walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Her hair was tangled and her face was a little pale. She took a shower and curled her long black hair and sorted her backpack. She checked her phone. She had over 4 text messages from Jayden asking her if she was up yet. She smiled and texted him back. When she came downstairs her mother was cooking pancakes and bacon. "You're finally up, I see." Her mother looked at her grudgingly. "Please, not today mom". Genna and her mom never really agreed on anything. Ever since her dad died her mom has been putting so much pressure on her. Her mom shook her head. "You can't be late on the first day Genna" Genna shrugged her shoulders. Her mother put a plate of food in front of her and went upstairs. Genna jumped when she heard the door slam. She decided not to eat and she went on her way to school. She decided to walk. Jayden was a few houses down from hers and as she passed he came out the door. "Hey GenGen" That was Jayden's nickname for her. She smiled.