IV

As she opened her eyes she saw a hole of light shining through the snow. She couldn't move a muscle in her body. She tried to scream for help but nothing came out of her mouth. A tear ran down her face. She was scared and there was no one to help her. She struggled with all her might and finally, her arm broke through the snow. She started grabbing snow and throwing it off of her, but it wasn't much. Soon she heard familiar voices coming to her. 

         First, she saw Jayden who looked beyond scared. Then she saw Kaya who was running so fast she almost fell down the mountain. Jayden's dad clawed the snow off of Genna and helped her sit up. "Genna we're so glad you're okay!'' Kaya hugged her tight and so did Jayden. "Kaya looked at Genna's hair. "Umm I don't know if you should worry or not but your hair is really white." Genna frowned. "It's probably just the snow." "No look" Kaya pushed all the snow off of Genna's hair. Everyone looked at her kinda funny. "No Genna, your hair is white as in snow white." Genna felt her hair. It was damp and white. How could it have been white? They all walked back to the bottom of the mountain. Genna held onto Jayden and Kaya for support. The tour guide decided to close the tour. Genna worried about what her mother would say. She wouldn't let her do anything else after this. 

       "Mr. O'Malley please don't tell my mom. She would freak out." He nodded. "What are you going to do about your hair?'' "I'll just tell her I used permanent dye." Jayden walked over to Genna. "Genna, I thought I lost you." Genna smiled. "I'm fine" He shook her shoulder. He still didn't know if it was the right time to tell her, so he just looked at her and smiled. Kaya yelled over. "Hey you weirdos! It's time to go!" Genna laughed. "Come on" When they headed to the car, Genna felt this weird pain in her head. She shook it away as they all hopped into the car and Jayden's dad drove them to Kaya's house.  

        Genny and Kaya got out of the car and Jayden gave both of them goodnight hugs. Genny put her hood over her head so that Kaya's mother wouldn't notice her white hair. When they opened the door, her mother was in the kitchen cooking steak. "Hey girls. Why are ya'll back so early?'' Genna and Kaya looked at each other. "There was a umm..." Genny finished her sentence. "An avalanche and they closed the tour. So we didn't get to go." She looked at Kaya. Kaya nodded at her mom. 

       "Oh my goodness, was anybody hurt?'' Genna smiled. "Nope. Not that I know of" Kaya's Mom nodded slowly. "Well you girls can go up to Kaya's room. I'll bring you some snacks in a minute." "Okay mom." Kaya grabbed Genna's Arm and ran up the stairs. Kaya had a pretty big room. There were teddy bears everywhere and there were pictures hung on every wall. Genna sat on the bed while Kaya combed her hair. Genna touched her hair. She still had no idea why it was the color that it was. 

        She wondered if she could dye it another color. She reached for the comb sitting across from her, Suddenly there was an ache in her stomach. It felt like she was going to throw up. Kaya looked at her in concern. "Are you okay?'' Genna shook her head. "I don't think so" She felt as if something was in her arm and it was aching to come out. She looked at it as a blue light formed under her skin. She watched it as it traveled to the palm of her hand. Kaya was so stunned that she had no words. Out of nowhere a big stick shot out of her hand and Genna hit the wall And Kaya let out a small scream.