Part 7

Y/n's POV

I slowly began to wake up, then I looked around to see snowy ground. Once I realised where I am, I took off my mask so it's easier to breathe. Then I heard a faint sound of something in the distance, then I sat up a bit and that's when I saw a helicopter in the distance.

So I took off the parachute then stood up and began to run, but then fell over. I looked behind me to see the seat cushioning still attached to me, so I grabbed the connection cord, but quickly looked up to see that the helicopter turned to face my direction. I pulled the connection cord apart and began running for my life. I saw a snow covered, fallen tree on the ground so I quickly jumped over it and hid behind it as the helicopter began shooting at me.

I ducked even more as I shimmied closer to the tree, but then it stopped. So I started to get up and turned to my left side to which I saw the helicopter facing me once again. I knew there was no running away from this one but as the helicopter was getting ready to shoot at me again it got blown up and came crashing down, then I looked up into the air to see a F-18 flying past and I instantly knew who it was.

"No, no, no, no." I mutter to myself as I watch him flying. That's when Sams detected him and shot missiles at him. I watched as I saw the missile hit him, I flinched and covered my mouth in shock and fear.

Third Person POV

"Dagger two is hit. Dagger two is hit." One of the command people said.

"No." Maverick muttered.

"Dagger two, come in. Dagger two, do you copy?"

~ Launch pad ~

"Dagger two, come in." Hangman heard as he stared at his radio in disbelief.

Y/n's POV

I jumped over the tree and began running to the forest, to where I could see Rooster parachuting down. I ran for what felt like hours but I didn't care. I didn't care that my legs were on fire. All I cared about was Rooster. Once I saw him, he was rolling up and stuffing down his parachute into the snow.

"You alright?" I called out as I'm still running to him.

"Yeah, I'm good. You alright?" Rooster asked but I cut him off by shoving him to the ground as I stopped running. We both took off our helmets and threw them to the ground. "What the hell?"

"What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?"

"You think I took that missile so you could be down here with me? You should be back at the carrier by now!"

"I saved your life!"

"I saved your life! That's the whole point. What the hell were you even thinking!?"

"You and Maverick told me not to think!" That's when our argument stopped, then he threw hands up into the air before we broke eye contact and took a moment to breathe.

"Well, it's good to see you." I said.

"It's good to see you too." He said as we stared into each other's eyes. "So, um, what's the plan?"

~ Time Skip ~

We're both lying on our stomachs while looking over at the destroyed enemy runway.

"You're not serious?" Rooster questioned while looking at me. I looked at him then got up, saying nothing and made my way down to the runway to get a better look.

~ Time Skip ~

We're right across from a F-14 that is undamaged, but old and underneath a cover.

"You've got to be shitting me." Rooster commented while looking at it through my pocket telescope, then he looked at me in disbelief. "An F-14?"