Ch 26 : Ghost Village (7)

Knowing that he was talking about this topic, the village elder slightly loosened his expression as he hurriedly explained,’’ It is my fault for not saying this since I am afraid that all of you will be backing away! I am extremely sorry!’’

While saying this the village elder hastily stood up along with his son-in-law to give them a deep bow showing a sincere attitude.

No one in Liu Xun’s group felt burdened upon seeing the old man’s apology. Liu Xun was the only one that still maintained his friendly gesture as he hurriedly stopped the old man,’’ No need to go this far, it is our duty to look after the weak so we won’t walk away just because this matter might put us in danger. Please, stand up.’’

The village elder had long known that this average-looking teenager was the easiest to talk to so for all this time, he had been trying hard not to look at the other cultivators’ expressions and only focused on conversing with Liu Xun.

As expected, the old man once again seemed to be moved by his generous attitude so he thanked him again and again before finally asking,’’ Right, so what is it that you require my assistance?’’

Finally getting back to the point, Liu Xun bluntly said,’’ I think it is not safe for everyone to scatter all over the village so I want to ask the village elder to gather all the survivors and take shelter in your house–’’

Shattered

Before the village elder could even say anything, the sound of something shattering resounded throughout the room as everyone turned to look at the source.

There, Li Yao with a pale face stood in front of a pile of broken tea sets. Seemingly not feeling the burning pain from the hot tea on her legs, she nervously shouted,’’ No! They can’t be her–’’

‘’ Li Yao, shut up for me!’’

Li Yao was forced to shut up by her father who at this moment had an ugly face while glaring at her. Only then did she realize that she was overreacting so she became flustered as she hurriedly lowered her head,’’ I–’’

Not wanting to see her here, the village elder turned to look at his son-in-law,’’ Take your wife back to get treated and come back to clean the mess.’’

The meek son-in-law quickly nodded his head before hurrying off to pull his wife away.

By the time that the village elder turned back to look at Liu Xun, his face was already reverted to his usual amicable face,’’ To show you such an embarrassed sight, this old man has no face left to see you! She has always been not good with strangers so it is hard to let others into our house…’’

Everyone knew that the village elder was spouting bullshit but no one said a word to reprimand him.

Liu Xun knew that the village elder was trying to refuse him in a roundabout way so he quickly cut in,’’ If you listen to me, we could solve this tonight or tomorrow at the latest.’’

The village elder’s eyes widened in shock upon hearing this, his voice couldn’t help but tremble,’’ R-really?’’

Liu Xun gently patted the old man’s shoulders as if to dust off the dust, the smile has never left his face for all this time, he spoke in a light tone, ’’ As long as you listen to us.’’

The village elder felt that Liu Xun was the most harmless person in the group but did not know why, he felt that the other party’s smile at this moment was scary and his words sounded a bit threatening.

At the thought of this, did not know what went through his head but in the end, the village elder accepted his request to which Liu Xun and the gang finally bid him farewell.